need a config with mini itx

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja2281

Journeyman
i want to buy a pc with mini itx motherboard. can u suggest a config.
i need core 2 duo processor with 2gb ram and 250 gb hdd. gfx card not needed. thx

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i want to buy a pc with mini itx motherboard. can u suggest a config.
i need core 2 duo processor with 2gb ram and 250 gb hdd. gfx card not needed. thx

you may consider Core i3 + Intel H55 mini ITX or even Zotac's mini ITX Wifi. will require DDR3 ram however. for HDD consider 500Gb.

for core2duo consider E7400 or E7500. & Zotac's mini ITX. Intels's mini ITX are not good.

OP
R

raja2281

Journeyman
want a pc with less space requirements. so thinkg of mini itx. saw those nettops, but dont think they have enough power so thought of building a pc on mini itx.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
want a pc with less space requirements. so thinkg of mini itx. saw those nettops, but dont think they have enough power so thought of building a pc on mini itx.

nettops are useless. only good for web browsing, music, & office work like word & powerpoint.

you can opt for mATX motherboard + minitower.

acewin

Point Blanc
first problem for you will be putting an optical drive, for which I suggest sony external will cost you sub 4K, and not to put it in the the system. Otherwise stick with mid-tower casing based systems.

a cabinet like coolermaster Elite 100 or Zebronics Spark/Dragster.
HDD choice certainly WD Green,
now I do not know if you need monitor or not.

Now comes harder part of choice making whether you want intel or amd.
I will say go for AMD, reducing cost for better performance and all.
I suggest
Athlon II X2 245 2.8GHz @ 3k
ECS A785GM-M @ 4.8k - my choice for all solid-state capacitor based mobo and better cooling, would be good in this system
single chip of 2GB RAMG.Skill F3-10600 1333MHz CL9 2GB @2.8K

C2D choice intel C2D E7500 with G41 chipset mobo from ECS(actually choosing it because they are better performing and various reason in same price range)
and DDR2 RAM
[SIZE=+2][/SIZE]

OP
R

raja2281

Journeyman
cant a dvd drive be connected internally?? do intel chipsets have performance issues or is it only the cost??

acewin

Point Blanc
it is cost, in the price they come you do not get all the feature, and then intel proccy are costlier too.
not putting DVD internally will save you inside space and ease on PSU, it is not that you cannot connect a DVD drive, also, I think the slim internal drives are costlier too, so why not buy a external slim burner, you will be able to boot using it and format your system.
and I do not not mini-itx boards, the ones I have given are micro ATX, also check the price of laptop HDD 500GB comes in 4K price range, if you want to minimise HDD heating you can use them instead of desktop HDD

OP
R

raja2281

Journeyman
it is cost, in the price they come you do not get all the feature, and then intel proccy are costlier too.
not putting DVD internally will save you inside space and ease on PSU, it is not that you cannot connect a DVD drive, also, I think the slim internal drives are costlier too, so why not buy a external slim burner, you will be able to boot using it and format your system.
and I do not not mini-itx boards, the ones I have given are micro ATX, also check the price of laptop HDD 500GB comes in 4K price range, if you want to minimise HDD heating you can use them instead of desktop HDD
thx acewin for ur suggestions. can u help me with the intel config also so as to compare the costs. and i do need a monitor for which i am thinking of lg lcd tv monitor for 9.5k.

acewin

Point Blanc
as I said
C2D choice intel C2D E7500 with G41 chipset mobo from ECS(actually choosing it because they are better performing and various reason in same price range)
and DDR2 RAM
if not ECS still u can check gigabyte/asus boards in range of 4K. proccy is in range of 5K, but in AMD you get better goodies onboard than what you will get in intel in same price, with proccy cost being on the higher side

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

for monitor LG/samsung/Dell only these I would recommend, if you want particular models with their price go through Latest price thread by comp@ddict, that is where all prices are accumulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom