Need a CDMA phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Hello friends,
I'm looking out for a CDMA phone for my father.
He has a Reliance connection. He is not much into music. But he does like taking pics and videos from his phone.
So I'm in search of a phone that looks stylish and has a decent cam+ it shud be easy to operate + it shud have memory to save atleast 1000 contacts(the more the merrier:cool:). He won't mind if its a touch screen phone. The only constraint is that it shud have a keypad. He does not need a business end phone.

Our budget is around 15k +/- 3k.
I called up Reliance customer care and they suggested me the foll phones:

Nokia 6155 Rs 10.1k
Nokia 6255 Rs 13.2k

moto v3m Rs 9k
moto v9m (motorazr2)...Rs 17.5k

HTC p3000 Rs 16.5k

So, how are the above handset models?
Shud I buy one of these or do u'l have any other suggestions?

My dad is currently using a 6265
Before that he tried 6255

One more question:
Is it mandatory to buy the handset from Reliance WebWorld?
Can't we get CDMA handsets from outside? (I had this doubt coz Reliance has a very limited range of handsets...I was wondering if v can get better CDMA handsets in the market)

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
All rite,
I've figured out for myself now...We can buy CDMA phones from the market and get our Reliance connection activated from the mobile dealer itself.
My dealer is offering me the foll handsets:

Samsung M569 : Rs 9.8k
(Slider phone)samsung max : Rs 7k
f309

touch screen:

p3000 htc: Rs 15.5k

HTC S720

I need to have a keypad too. Plus the font size should be big enuff.

Waiting for ur replies.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Htc s720 would be the best bet for you. I have used a htc S710 GSM phone and I know the convenience that it offers by way of a second qwerty keypad. You can go ahead with it.

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Dude, how about moto v9m (motorazr2)?
I think this phone too comes at the same price.
I want a stylish looking phone too..I dont think my dad will be using the qwerty keypad that often..
I've observed one thing, that the shopkeepers don't keep CDMA moto phones. They rarely recommend it to their customers..
What do u have to say about that?
If I've narrowed my choices to
HTC S720
and
moto v9m (motorazr2)

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I have had a htc and it has never given me any problem. Couldn't say the same about motorola cos I had a bluetooth headset which was replaced twice and after it ran out of warranty I simply had to trash it. Don't know about their phones. Motorazrs are supposed to be good. My wife had a Motorola V3c (tata indicom) until she lost it it was working absolutely fine. But paying such a high price for a V9 is what I am skeptical about. Just comparing the features of a htc S720 with a motorazr2 doesn't justify its price just for the looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom