Need a car for daily commute of ~80-90 kms ----first time buyer

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I live in Varanasi where we have very narrow roads with bumper to bumper traffic. My workplace is in a nearby district about 90 kms from home. I currently use a bike since there is no direct public transport. Bike riding feels very tiresome , unsafe & unhygenic especially in monsoon. For this reason I was looking for a car that would do my purpose. I am mainly looking for hatchbacks since my budget is max 6 lacs. I have shortlisted Alto K10, Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago Diesel, Ford Figo Diesel. I have looked Honda Brio, Datsun Redigo. I haven't went to Hyundai, Mahindra Kuv100, Toyota showrooms. Which car would suit my 80-90 kms daily run ???

anky

Youngling
Duster is the best car to drive in Varanasi's road conditions. you wont feel any of those 'crater' on the roads. See if you can find used one in the range.

You can opt for automatic cars in the range also..
for better stability and suspension and ride quality - ford figo and fiat punto.
for mileage - figo and swift.

automatic Honda brio is also a good option (one of the most underrated car in indian market)

P.S - Don't want maruti, it will prove very high maintainer in city like Varanasi.

Cruzy

Journeyman
I would also suggest you to take a look at Hyundai i20 or an i10 as these are very good hatchbacks.Do try the Honda brio.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
For your high daily usage I would suggest diesel cars such as Martui Suzuki Swift , Tata Zest, Hyunudai i20 (only if its a Diesel. Petrol is underpowered). Ford Figo is also good. Do remember Maruti Swift is quite a high maintenance unlike the Alto which are pretty low maintenance. Also please go with Safety options such as Airbags and ABS.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Get tata tiago ....I checked Maruti celerio and it had the best milage . But after checking tiago, I am bowled over it...it have nice space, looks awesome and have a very good milage too

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] , do you know how to drive? if yes then since how many years are you driving the car?
If no then I recomend buying a second hand card and learn, as you will get dents if you are learning. this is inevitable and happens to all. after you are comfortable with driving you can sell off the old one and buy a new one.

Buy a disel car as 90KM/day will be expensive if you go for pertol.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] , do you know how to drive? if yes then since how many years are you driving the car?
If no then I recomend buying a second hand card and learn, as you will get dents if you are learning. this is inevitable and happens to all. after you are comfortable with driving you can sell off the old one and buy a new one.

Buy a disel car as 90KM/day will be expensive if you go for pertol.

I'm learning in a driving school right now since 10 days with 20 more days to go. I now have an idea about the equipments used to drive.
This petrol vs diesel war seems not very effective to me if the petrol variant gives good mileage. First, one has to shell 2 lacs more which will take roughly 7 years to break even taking into consideration the daily usage of 100 kms. The diesel and petrol price gap is now just ₹10 (D-₹55, P-₹65 Varanasi prices) & maintenance cost is more though mileage is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Any maruti car will lack in structural integrity and safety. others much better than maruthi in safety
high mileage of maruti = less weight of car = loss of safety just for mileage.

Brazil's Renault Kwid is 130 kg heavier than Indian Kwid

I use two SUV's from tata stable
and Sumo and Safari 3.0, and a maruthi hatchback previously.
yes they are nosier but the recent models, viz. tiago, strome have got big updates and they are on par with other brands in case of noise and have huge improvement in interior quality recently(just like hyundai's level)
only problem in my area is tata service is very very bad. for everything u gotta mail the CC / regional head of the state until things get sorted up.

You want the best service and life out of your car, go for Toyota (I have seen innova with 2.7lakh and etios with 1.2lakh a week back, though there are more like this like 7-10 lakh KILOMETERS ... taxi's I frequently ride and know well) mile cruncher with peace of mind - service.

I cannot comment about hyundai as didn't get that much experience into it.
Duster? for that price you get a cable operated clutch? no hydraulic one?
datsun is fairly new and still it needs to be "experienced" about the quality offered. new launch will have some niggles surely.
please no mahindra, they have an excellent sales team with not-so-great cars imo
so I think you are left with
Tata Tiago Diesel, Ford Figo Diesel. Honda Brio ,Hyundai i10??, Toyota etios liva?? .
tiago is the more feature loaded in the top model though.

Top Bottom