Need a C Compiler for Windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeptuneTech

Bada Is Doing Fine
Hi guys...well i have downloaded 12 different files on C....but none of'em has run on my laptop.....google displays the Compatible versions of C ..and i downloaded that....but it doesnt work...any suggestions for me...gurus...???:p

qfunk

Broken In
Search for " Turbo C++ " on google.... download the compiler and run the TC ms dos shortcut from the folder... open your .c files with the file... and then compile and run them (if no errors found) ... you could also try DEV C++ ... a better compiler, but has it's own codes (not standard) ...

OP
NeptuneTech

NeptuneTech

Bada Is Doing Fine
Search for " Turbo C++ " on google.... download the compiler and run the TC ms dos shortcut from the folder... open your .c files with the file... and then compile and run them (if no errors found) ... you could also try DEV C++ ... a better compiler, but has it's own codes (not standard) ...
actually i have downloaded compilers 12 times..... and i didnt find any TC dos file..suggets me some more options please...

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
No no no no NO!!!
You are getting it ALL WRONG. Turbo C++ != NOT STANDARD. Dev C++ has standard C code :|
Anyway I am pretty sure that OP is writing those antiquated code on C taught in School/College or from those crap books like Yashwant Kanetkar's.
Anyway
*wikidot.fosspowered.com/programming:c:tutorial:setupcompiler
*www.gidnetwork.com/b-56.html
Read these links, damn useful.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol: joke?

Dev C++ is teh STANDARD.

Turbo C++ is OBSOLETE.

OP
NeptuneTech

NeptuneTech

Bada Is Doing Fine
Dev C++ works perfectly in Windows 7 64bit.
ya i tried it.....and noe i have also tried the Borland Turbo C++3.1...using the
DOS BOX...but got a problem with that again....should i have to mount the drive every time i open Dos Box??? and why does the GUI is a small screen?
:-(

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Dev C++ works perfectly in Windows 7 64bit.
I need some native 64bit compiler, I'll stick to Visual Studio 2010.

ya i tried it.....and noe i have also tried the Borland Turbo C++3.1...using the
DOS BOX...but got a problem with that again....should i have to mount the drive every time i open Dos Box??? and why does the GUI is a small screen?
:-(
Unfortunately for DOSBOX, you have to mount everytime you open it. It's a bit annoying, but unavoidable. And DOS programs simply refuses to go full screen in Windows 7, don't know why. :x

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I need some native 64bit compiler, I'll stick to Visual Studio 2010.

Unfortunately for DOSBOX, you have to mount everytime you open it. It's a bit annoying, but unavoidable. And DOS programs simply refuses to go full screen in Windows 7, don't know why. :x

er...wait...It's possible for sure
Just generate the configuration file for DOSBox and put mount commands in [autoexec]

In DOSBOX cmd:
config -writeconf <path />/dosbox.conf

Worked for me in Linux. Should work in MS Win

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
er...wait...It's possible for sure
Just generate the configuration file for DOSBox and put mount commands in [autoexec]

In DOSBOX cmd:
config -writeconf <path />/dosbox.conf

Worked for me in Linux. Should work in MS Win
Thanks, did not try that before. Actually, I do not need to use DOSBOX much, just used twice or thrice. Don't give a damn about it. :oops:

OP
NeptuneTech

NeptuneTech

Bada Is Doing Fine
^ well broda.....i have tried out the dosbox...it works...no problem on that but one problem is that runnung and compilation gets numb after 4 or 5 times of compilations. I can edit the codes on the source file....no doubt on that.....but i cant compile the same program again and again after 5 times......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom