• Poll closed .

rider

as Kratos
1. Budget? 11-15k
2. Display type and size? It should be min 1280x800 with IPS or PLS panel
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? Reliable Chinese brands with mircroSD slot
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. I don't wanna do photography with a tablet.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android Jelly Bean
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. Better to get all
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Better to get all
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? ebooks and surfing
11. Any specific devices in consideration? Ainol NOVO Hero and iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G Phablet
12. Any other info that you want to share -

Hello! Guys I need a budget tablet for reading ebooks, watching movies-shows, and surfing.

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/166725-tablet-buying-guide-november-2012-a.html#post1810209

refer to this.. and compare..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/166725-tablet-buying-guide-november-2012-a.html#post1810209

refer to this.. and compare..

I checked it. It's nice but sorta not updated from couple of months. There is no Ainol Novo Hero Tablet in it. :?

I out selected few tablets. What do you think, which one is the best for me?
Onda V971
Ainol Novo Hero
Zync Z1000
Archos 101 XS
Videcon VT10

tanvir37

Broken In
^^ u can have a look at this as well
Ainol Novo 7 Venus with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Quad Core Processor 1.5 Ghz Wifi & Bluetooth

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^^ u can have a look at this as well
Ainol Novo 7 Venus with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Quad Core Processor 1.5 Ghz Wifi & Bluetooth

It's a 7" tablet. I am looking for 10" so that I can read ebooks better. BTW How is Ainol Hero for 12.7k?

tanvir37

Broken In
It's a 7" tablet. I am looking for 10" so that I can read ebooks better. BTW How is Ainol Hero for 12.7k?

as per this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/163723-ainol-india-3.html, some users are having issues with ainol hero

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
as per this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/163723-ainol-india-3.html, some users are having issues with ainol hero

How is upcoming iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G 7" Phablet ? On specs it looks killer.

tanvir37

Broken In
iBerry Auxus CoreX2 meets most of your requirements (except the screen size). It has a 3G sim slot as well.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
iBerry Auxus CoreX2 meets most of your requirements (except the screen size). It has a 3G sim slot as well.

Yea, it is 7" but has resolution of 1280 x 800 with IPS display like Nexus 7. But I have no idea about brand and after sales.

Last edited:

vipul619

whodiswhodat
If you can wait, wait for a while we might get the awesome Acer 7' Tablet, the Iconia B1.. :D
I don't think you can ask for anything better.. :D
Source

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
If you can wait, wait for a while we might get the awesome Acer 7' Tablet, the Iconia B1.. :D
I don't think you can ask for anything better.. :D
Source

the Acer Iconia B1 is likely to sport a 7-inch screen with a 1024x600 resolution. It will be powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor alongside 512MB RAM and come with 8GB internal storage (expandable via microSD slot), GPS and Bluetooth 4.0.

No, man! It doesn't full fill my requirement. 512 MB RAM is quite low for Jelly Bean.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
It matches the specs of Xperia go and even that device is getting an official JB.
So i doubt.
That's why i asked, if you can wait, you can check the review (out o the box JB), and go for a reputed brand at low cost than spending on local brands.. :)

Pat

Beyond Smart
As someone has mentioned, wait for the launch of iBerry Auxus CoreX2 and CoreX4. I really liked their teaser video for these tablets.

CoreX4 Teaser:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
It matches the specs of Xperia go and even that device is getting an official JB.
So i doubt.
That's why i asked, if you can wait, you can check the review (out o the box JB), and go for a reputed brand at low cost than spending on local brands.. :)

Xperia go is lame. Whole Xperia series lags a lot in comparison to other phones of their segments. 512MB on JB will make the device worse.

Spice Stellar Pad Mi-1010 with 10-inch display, Android 4.1 launched for Rs. 12999

Looks nice! Any idea about the exact CPU and GPU chip used in this? Do you think it would be better option than Ainol Hero?

Last edited:
Top Bottom