Need a budget procy + mobo combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffuser911

Broken In
Hey Felllas, I got myself a new Samsung 19" 920NW LCD. I am looking for building a system around the same now. Being on a tight budget, I have come up with the following essential components:
1. 80 GB HDD (already have from old system)
2. Logitech std KB + Mouse - 700
3. Any-brand DVD writer (pls pitch in your suggestions) - 1300
4. El Cheapo SMPS to keep the juice flowing
5. DDR2 667/800 MHz 1 GB - 1000

Now the read deal comes in with the procy + mobo combination. I had been thinking of AMD 4800 + Asus M2AV-M, but that has become outdated right now (I have been planning the purchase for six months ;-)).

My requirements are:

• Downloading
  • Watching movies (not related to above:D)
  • Playing a few occasional games (I haven't come out of the UT/Q3A/CS:CZ era yet, but don't mind some pretty decent graphics from HL2 and Farcry without a GFX card)
So please please suggest me something that comes upto 7-8k for the procy + mobo so that I will be a happy owner of the rig:p.

Thanks buddies...

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
for 8k u can get a E7200 for 5.3k and a Biostar GF7050V-M7 for 2.3k.mobo has good enuf onboard gfx.has some overclocking abilites and is a gr8 mobo at that price point.

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
Thanks hellgate and raj, but would it be wise to compensate on the motherboard while pumping it out on the processor? Both the combi seem bent towards the procy...Any way to push the balance to a fine point??

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
i think ASUS P5N-MX don't support dual channel memory....better to go with mb having dual channel support

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i think ASUS P5N-MX don't support dual channel memory....better to go with mb having dual channel support

I am having that Mobo with a 2GB single stick mem module.. It performs good and its VFM. I can able to play all the games with my onboard gfx itself..at low settings,, which is enough for casual gaming... If dual channel is going to affect u. then go pick up someother mobos from ASUS or Gigabyte....

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
For such needs, you might want to save and get the Pentium Dual Core preferably E2160 @ 1.8 Ghz which can be easily OCed to 3.00 Ghz which will give you 83% performance boost(real-time).

For the mobo
XFX MG-630i-7109 @ 3.5k

Then you will be left with enough money to invest in a 9400GT( about to launch) which will sell for about 2.4k

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
I guess that Asus P5N MX may be the answer...just found this link
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/PARALLEL-PROCESSING,1705-11.html
saying no difference in performance between single and dual channel support...

acewin

Point Blanc
630i chipset mobo from Palit and Biostar and ultra VFM and performance mobo so you can never say that buying them is bad. and with E7200 is very good option much much better than any of intel original mobos or intel chipset based mobos.

also in such tight budget any AMD combo can also not beat it. Because AMD's perfomance booster are their mobos. and majorly 780G chipset or 8200/8300 chipset mobos, whose prices are 4K+

check on Palit N73-PV mobo gr8 bundle.
For burner you got Samsung SATA burners in 1100 or Sony/Asus IDE burners in 1200-1300.

I ahve bought Asus 2014S1, could not check its performance yet. having little problems as I use it as external, I will add it on my friend's system and then give it a shot maybe.

But I was very satisfied with my Sony Burner which was DW-Q120, except it stopped burning discs 8-10 months back

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
imo E2180 and Gigabyte EP31 DS3L would make a great rig when OC'd instead of getting a board that doesnt have dual channel ram and also not good on oc

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
630i chipset mobo from Palit and Biostar and ultra VFM and performance mobo so you can never say that buying them is bad. and with E7200 is very good option much much better than any of intel original mobos or intel chipset based mobos.

also in such tight budget any AMD combo can also not beat it. Because AMD's perfomance booster are their mobos. and majorly 780G chipset or 8200/8300 chipset mobos, whose prices are 4K+

check on Palit N73-PV mobo gr8 bundle.
For burner you got Samsung SATA burners in 1100 or Sony/Asus IDE burners in 1200-1300.

I ahve bought Asus 2014S1, could not check its performance yet. having little problems as I use it as external, I will add it on my friend's system and then give it a shot maybe.

But I was very satisfied with my Sony Burner which was DW-Q120, except it stopped burning discs 8-10 months back

I agree with the Palit N73. Its a great mobo and a superb VFM with a nice IGP for occasional gaming.

As for the proccy, go with the Intel C2D E7200.

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
Thanks a ton guys for the response. As for E7200, I'll get that definitely. But when it comes to selecting a mobo, the choices are limited to commoners available in small towns. I'll do a research this weekend and let you know the choices that I have, but what I can say for sure is that I won't be able to lay my hands on the Palit board in Bhubaneswar, Orissa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom