need a budget phone 4k to 5k

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
1. Budget? 4k to 5k max
2. Display type and size? 2.4'', need one with keypad
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? nokia only.I dont know any other brand offers good phone in this range apart from indian brands:-D.androids will lag and I dont need a touch screen
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type)? numpad
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.? 2-3.2MP what else to expect?
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc)? S40:-D
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly?3G is must.If there is wifi , then it is good too, not a primary option though
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? no preference
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?music,internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?considering nokia 301
12. Any other info that you want to share
I am considering nokia 301.Is it any good? I have seen on internet that it has severe battery problems.Will a firmware update fix that? will that be available soon? any other configurations in the range? I will try to buy probably next week. Suggest please:razz:

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I dont need a qwerty. So no to asha 210. Any other to consider? Is 301 too old? It is released in 2013 april.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
even lenovo a60 + (android 2.3 is selling around your budget,
anmd Lenovo, IMO, isn't a bad company,
BTW, Samsung Chat 527 S5270 (availability is an issue) is also a good choice.
both have wifi/3G/2MP camera.

I have an a60+ in my family, wont let you down ;)

:oops: you dont need a touch screen ?

Samsung primo is also an option but it doesn't have Wifi.

Last edited:
OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I am a heavy user of the phone. Chances of falling down is larger. So i dont want to risk the new phone. I prefer good battery backup, so android is not in the list.

Flash

Lost in speed
Check Asha 501 then, it was released last month.
It has all the features you want, and moreover it's from Nokia.. :mrgreen:

*www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/asha501/

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I dont prefer touch screen. That is why asha 501 is not in my list.
Wifi is not a preference. But 3g is must.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
then. Nokia Asha 302
try to get it from local stores and try some bargaining.
its a little out of your budget, but not that out,
it has 3g / wifi/S40/3.2 MP camera/
the lowest price for it i found was @ HS18
Samsung Chat 527 is also good, just if you can find one.
if you can go with touch n type ones from nokia, you may have other options as well

Last edited:
OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Looks cool. Great specs for me. But over 6000? I may not able to stretch. But i will try. Will that be bulky? I am reluctant take a qwerty because it seems to bulky. I prefer compact phone. But the spec of this phone catched my eyes.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go for Galaxy Chat. touchscreen will take little getting used to and it lacks a D-pad so you'll have to use touchscreen anyway. moreover it has 3G, WiFi, Android 4.1, 3" display and more internal memory than most mobiles in this range.

BTW Asha 501 doesn't have 3G. only +ve thing about Asha 501 is it will last longer per charge.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 Price in India on 12 Jul, 2013, Galaxy Chat B5330 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
≥5.2 k though.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Fk,infibeam,hs18 all quote around 8k?
Also how much is the battery back up?

Fk,infibeam,hs18 all quote around 8k?
Also how much is the battery back up?

@ fk, its out of stock , AFAIK.

and you first have to finalize whether you can go on with Touch phones or not.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
last month there was 500 bucks cashback over the 5.2k pricetag at FK. even at 5,2k, it is head and toe above anything you can think of at this budget, inc desi brands.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok.Thanks. I will try at local shops. How much is the battery backup? How much good is its cpu? Wont it lag even on ics?

manujohn

Journeyman
What about the newly announced Nokia 208? I'm suggesting this one only because this meets your preferences except for the camera which is 1.3MP but having shooting options like in-built voice guidance to capture the best self-portrait, 100-degree panorama as Nokia says. Also no hands on reviews for this phone since it is not out yet. Just my opinion.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
What about the newly announced Nokia 208? I'm suggesting this one only because this meets your preferences except for the camera which is 1.3MP but having shooting options like in-built voice guidance to capture the best self-portrait, 100-degree panorama as Nokia says. Also no hands on reviews for this phone since it is not out yet. Just my opinion.

it has WIFI ???????

Top Bottom