Need a 5.1ch speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
currently i own a AL VS1421 2.1ch spkr system.
sound card is a Creative X-Fi Xtreme PCi-e sound card.i'm looking to upgrade to a 5.1ch spkr system whose bass level matches or out perfs the VS1421.main usage is movies,music & games.budget is not much cuz i dont hav much cash after all this Core i7 & SLi upgrades.
budget is bout 5-6k.reqs r gud sound quality with gr8 bass.optical/coaxial(digital) inputs wud be a added advantage.
also how gud is the AL VS3251??

another thing is currently i'm running a CM 600W psu to pwr my rig.i've a guy here who's ready to buy my osu for 3.6k.
so i'm thinking maybe i'll upgrade to a better psu.which 1 sud i get amongst these:
1>Corsair HX620 -> 7.5k
2>Antec 600W -> 8k
3>Tagan BZ800w -> 8.5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logitech X-540 ( around Rs. 5000-5500 ) or
Try AL VS3251 ( around Rs. 4000-4500 ) - It's not so bass heavy but gives decent audio quality

As for PSU go for Tagan BZ800w

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I wuld vote for X-540. It may not be very loud but is very good. I prefer Logitech's and Altec's on any day over Creative.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i think i'll get the VS3251 for now and maybe a few months later get the Z5500.

also just wanna ask whether stereo audio will sound gud on the VS3251.or will the VS4121 perf better on this front.
so the main thing is sud i go for the VS3251 or stick with the VS4121?

Last edited:
OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
got my VS3251 2day and was a little disappointed with the sound quality.its better than any other spkr in that range (5.1) but fails in overall bass & audio quality in front of my VS4121.now i cant decide whether i sud buy it or continue using my VS4121.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...

get corsair tx750.....abt 7.5k
it has 4x pcie16x power connectors..... so u can sli dual video cards!!!
its not modular though

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
got my VS3251 2day and was a little disappointed with the sound quality.its better than any other spkr in that range (5.1) but fails in overall bass & audio quality in front of my VS4121.now i cant decide whether i sud buy it or continue using my VS4121.
Stick with what you own and save for Z5500 + Creative X-FI XTREME GAMER.

Man I upgraded to this combo from Z5300 + onboard audio performance difference is huge.

It will be ultimate sound solution for your PC and you should not require to upgrade there after.

PM :- Get Z5500 first as soon as possible around 18K it will serve you well enough alone upgrade sound card there after when possible.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz

i doubt in india you can get a quality branded 5.1 system in that price range.

the thing is PSU should have been considered along with your upgrades and not after it

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
after properly adjusting the snd card & spkrs now the spkrs r doing a gud job.
for the psu i'm getting a Corsair TX650W 2morrow.

surinder

Tech addict
Guys,

I stuck in a small problem. Yesterday I purchased a mini plug to mini plug optical cable to attach Z5500 to X-FI XTREME GAMER but found my Z5500 has mini plug optical connector and my X-FI XTREME GAMER has toslink one I think and toslink to mini plug optical cable is hard to find as well as toslink to mini plug converter plug too.

So suggest me any dealer in Delhi or in Punjab or any on line dealer where I can have any of above required or any person or company who can send me solution product. Tell me if there is other way around to digitally attach Z5500 to X-FI XTREME GAMER.

ironfreak

Journeyman
why has nobody mentioned AL FX-5151 ? I have X540.. it rocks but if u can wait or spend around 9k, go for AL FX5051... u will never regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom