Need a 32 GB SD Card for Lumia Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
My friend wants to buy a 32 GB SD Card for his Lumia phone.
Wondering which one to go for.
Was almost finalizing this one but saw a negative review and thinking otherwise.
Amazon.in: Buy Samsung Evo+ 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC Card Upto 80 Mbps speed (With adapter) Online at Low Prices in India | Samsung Reviews & Ratings

Kindly advise.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ +1 to that.

BTW, from what I've heard samsung do not provide any sort of warranty on memory cards even though 5 years warranty written on the pack.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Now he needs a 64 GB SD Card.
Any suggestions on brand and any links online which can be trusted?

Mods please rename title from 32 to 64 GB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
amazon, flipkart, snapdeal or ebay.

On FK if you don't mind the Grey and White version it's available at RS. 552 [ app only ] .. seller is WS Retail.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Data Reading speed:
Grey white is 48mb/s
Red Grey is 80mb/s
Choose wisely !

Never got that much speed .. I've 16GB version of Red and Grey and 32GB and 64Gb of white and Greay. I think I need to test these with real world copy paste rather than running Crystal disk. As for user exp. recorded using 8mp phone cam FHD on on white and grey and they were recorded absolutely lag free.

- - - Updated - - -

Samsung Evo+ would do the job, its faster than its competitors at its price point(<700)

It's good but there is no after sales service for samsung memory cards.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys,
I think I read somewhere that above a Class 10, most memory cards give out the same actual speed, because they don't have very good data transfer speeds themselves internally. This applies to phones and Cameras both.
Also, for a Full HD video record and view, a Class 6 card is enough.

I decided to ignore this and go with a 45MB/ sec write speed Sandisk card of 32 GB for my DSLR Canon EOS 600D. Let me be honest.
The best I could achieve on tests on a Laptop, Mobile and the DSLR Canon 600D, was a figure of 23 MB/sec, that was on the laptop, with a single big file. The other two were worse.
On a claimed 100 MB/sec Sandisk 3.0 USB drive in a 3.0 port, the best I could record was a 50MB/ sec (both read speeds).

4K videos mostly with a bitrate of around 50mpbs are no pain either. Its barely double or triple of most fullHD vids. But I agree, that the 4K video supporting or the latest flagship phones may have more capable card readers.

Someone needs to test the new phones and clarify that what would be the ideal minimum class for an ideal cost benefit, because if ultimately we get the same speeds than what's the point paying extra?

Coming to the topic starter: I recently purchased the 48MB/ sec MicroSD Sandisk Grey and White.... It came with a Hungama voucher for 40 original MP3 songs to be downloaded over internet (3 months validity). It was from Flipkart.

I think if one prefers original music like me, then its better to go for a Sandisk card right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom