Need a 22" LED Monitor urgent

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm looking for an LED Monitor 22" for budget under or around 8k.

I would be mainly be using it for watching movies and regular browsing stuff. I'm not much into gaming.

So what are the available options. Also I found in some threads things like HDMI, DVI etc. Can someone provide some details on the same?

When I checked at nearby store I found the following models available.

AOC 20"
Rs 6250

Dell 2020 M
Rs 6650
20"

viewsonic 22"
Rs 8500

Not sure about the model numbers for AOC and viewsonic.

From whatever little bit of research I did I found this model also quite popular, Dell- ST2220M

I'm planning to buy this for my birthday. So kindly reply as fast as you can. Time is running out. :)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I would use this mostly to watch movies and maybe hook up TV tuner card. Do you think I will have issues if I'm not watching it straight. I observe with the LCD monitors that if you have an angled view it will not be that good!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ viewing angles are not a problem anymore. They have improved a lot. Especially tn panels suffer but they have drastically improved.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. viewing angle is a bit of a problem for LCD monitors. Those with IPS panels are much better.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Bought Dell ST2220M 21.5" for Rs 8,400.
Thanks for all your suggestions esp Gaurav

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Need help from you guys! New to LCD Monitor. I see a CD with the monitor. What is this used for? I don't see any product guide in the CD. Do I need to install the drivers etc to get FULL HD?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I got it. In the instructions guide its ask me to make changes in the setting to
1920*1080. If I don't have that option then I need to install the CD I Guess.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Any kind of movies that I can watch to maximise or utlise the HD.
What kind of resolutions should I looking for ?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
If I watch a HD movie with lesser resolution selected as compared to 1080p what would be the difference? Can I make out the difference?

Top Bottom