National Telecom Policy 2012 Approved

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
what companies will do is this..
They will still retain the same FUP crap and instead of call it "Broadband" they will call it "High Speed Internet" .. this is what will happen..

This is true. At least Airtel will surely do this.

bubusam13

Human
Companies will increase speed as well as price too. Poor people who were satisfied my 256 Kbps will now have to pay more. other than speed and roaming, I find nothing interesting in these set of policies. We already had enough rules for consumer protection. But nothing works.

For example, DND. Does it works. I have applied for DND in Aircel, Vodafone, Reliance. But still get ad calls.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
great news... but whats the use of more speed if there is no broadband line coverage.. my colony lies inside city circle but still i cant get broadband access...

sarthak

In the zone
2 Mbps minimum and atleast 100 Mbps by 2015.................... looks lame after reading on engadget that verizon's doubled its speeds. Now they have minimum 15 Mbps and max 300 Mbps download speed. By 2015 if we get to 100 Mbps they will have speeds in Gbps.

tkin

Back to school!!
I yearn for the day one will have 1MBps no FUP broadband @ 500/- and 2MBps no FUP @ 1k.

Airtel started 4G LTE in kolkata, don't know the details but I bet prices will be astronomically high.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
This news came back in dec only, now they have flashed it again. Earlier it was said to be implemented by april 12, now end of the year. I hope it does.

techno

Evil Genius
Hello Dear Friends I Am New To Thinkdigit Forum All Are requested To Co operate with me if any thing goes wrong...The New Policy Is Very Good But In India its still left far,hope for the best...

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Good news,Friends!!!!:mrgreen::wink::p:-D
According to "The Telegraph",at Business Telegraph,Page No:12,Today 1st June,2012.

Under the new policy,broadband speed has been increased to a minimum of 2 megabit per second.This change will come into force with immediate effect.
This is the extract taken from the penultimate stanza ,under the news heading:-->
Roaming free in new telecom policy

Hopefully, BSNL will be the first to adopt this directive.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Hello Dear Friends I Am New To Thinkdigit Forum All Are requested To Co operate with me if any thing goes wrong...The New Policy Is Very Good But In India its still left far,hope for the best...

welcome to tdf
just read the forum rules in my signature and you shall be safe :razz:

This news came back in dec only, now they have flashed it again. Earlier it was said to be implemented by april 12, now end of the year. I hope it does.

it was proposed in december , but was not approved by the cabinet
there are 5 differences between ntp 2011 and ntp 2012
now that it has been approved with the due changes, DoT will start implementing it in the next few months

Top Bottom