National Do Not Call / Disturb Directory of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

αNerd

Right off the assembly line
I was spammed through voice, SMS and emails by lots of companies and in the quest of finding a solution I came across these pages which have got an exhaustive list of links pointing to the DND pages of all major companies ranging from telcos to banks to insurance companies.

It looks to be private compilation of links and the site is not by govt.

*www.ndncregistry.com/

*donotdisturb.in/

Last edited:
OP
αNerd

αNerd

Since I have registered now, time will tell if these DNC/DND registries are really helpful?

What are the experiences of memebers here? Is it helpful or not?

I remember there was a news some time back that if a company still disturbs after registering they need to pay!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@αNerd Thanks a lot . I needed this ... @#%&#$@ airtel guys are spamming like anything.

OP
αNerd

αNerd

And finally heres the official Do Not Call Registry aka National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry)

*ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/index.jsp

Though it doesnt seem to be fully functional at the moment.

According to GoBroadband:

The National Do Not Call Registry of India, an initiative by TRAI is Up and Running now. TRAI in a notification in early June had promised to take the registry live in 3 months.

The registry has an issue. If you subscribe to BSNL Landline, Airtel Mobile and Vodafone-Hutch-Essar Blackberry, then you have to register yourself with all the 3 operators separately and it will take 45 days to propogate to the NDNC Registry. You can register with your Telco by an SMS or through a web based interface. Here is a list of Do Not Call / Disturb Links for you to register of Telecom/Mobile Operators and Financial Companies. [Though registration with financial companies may not be needed any more if your Phone is in the DNC list]

A Tele-marketer in India is now obligated to become a member of this registry and download the list of subscribers who have opted out of Unsolicited Commercial Communication before making any calls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom