N97 LAUNCHED

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@kwimp

hi bro...guys over at OVi mail are giving away free app called "smartguard" for all ure security needs...just register at ovi mail and download the same for ure fone imei...just go to *www.nokia.co.in/newsletter/ovi-newsletter and follow the steps...

cheers!

Nokia N97 received a Firmware update version 12.2.024. The N97 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), so while its always a good idea to backup all data before the firmware update, none of programs or data should be affected with the update. i have noticed that the update does uninstall the N-Gage Application though. update using the N97’s OTA (Over-The-Air) feature, or if prefer Nokia’s Software Updater application to update N97. There’s no official change log for this firmware yet... *www.chip.in/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

@Kelly
In N97 Single Tap For Application Selection And Double Tap For Open That Application. for batter use of ur fone this is imp otherwise many time application select many when you don't want to open that application.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
yea, v12 is actually good! :p I used to crib about the slow response in start up and general browsing, but the new firmware kicks it outta the park! :smile:

the fone feels much more faster now and zippier too!

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@george

Hi buddy! :p well, i downloaded some games from the OVi Store...free ones...included BlockGo, Spin Me, Tic Tac Toe, M-Vampire and Mafia...do check them out...cool freebies :smile:

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Another really addictive game for the N97 is "BOOM SHINE FOR S60v5" :twisted:

Created by Danny Miller (www.k2xl.com), the game is about moving dots which can explode...

The user has to explode one dot and in the process try and impact other explosions to the numbers required, for example If i have to explode 3 dots then i touch on one dot, it will explode and hopefully take along with it the nearest dots...

REALLY ADDICTIVE! :oops:

Tic Tac Toe
Nice Game remind my child hood time
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1145/0599a013d7204822ace280336e797e27.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1145/622191503117444a95dfe61bbc285234.jpg

Remember this game funny Tic Tac Toe game....

shaunmarl

Right off the assembly line
Here is the momory allocation on the N97:

C: (74.79 MB) and E: (31252.48 MB)

Most of my applications are installed on E drive. I only have the following installed on C:

Client Platform (249KB)
Contact Group (7KB)
Contact on Ovi (967KB)
FOTA Settings (1KB)
License Manager (329KB)
Media DS Plugin (12KB)
Nokia Email (2MB)
Ovi Store Client (205KB)
PEC SDK - Keyspace (1KB)
PEC SDK (166KB) - What is this?
SeConUpdater (1KB)
Service Controllers (77KB)

Yet, I am facing low memory alert all the time (Free around 24kB or less)!!

I used File Manager to explore C: drive but most folders are empty with no files.

I do not know how C: drive is full and what is occupying it? And how to free it again?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@shaunmarl

Hi bro! U could try out the following method of getting back some memory on the C: drive:

1. download an app called X-plore from www.lonelycatgames.com, this is a highly customizable file manager which allows stuff that the usual file manager doesnt :twisted:

2. Once the app is installed on your fone, go to options-->settings-->make sure u tick all options like show hidden drives and full screen display...

3. Now go to C: drive and expand it

4. Scroll to a folder called "Cache", delete it. Now in the same drive C:, go to folder "dmgr" and delete it also. Check how much space u get :razz:

Cheers!

Hey Guys If You are facing the problem with touch UI on your touch screen phone?just play this Game and improve your touch power on any touch screen mobile...

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/e114dad2d85d435aa24333925114d562.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/b773b3cacbb04faca39a2c3dc9764a1e.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/0202c7fc78c84c18846159f15f9c620c.jpg
Just push the orange bubble to check how many bubble you can push in a row
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1152/8f2d9b8033124ff9bc970a77c0156912.jpg

varunjain852

Right off the assembly line
I am a little confused by the issue of signing, having seen it reffered to in relation to the N96 and other Nokia phones. Why does the Nokia phone not come with a certificate if you need one to run software, and will the N97 need one?

kwimp

Broken In
Download Mobile Software free from Mobile9...here you got all free or paid software for your mobile
*www.mobile9.com/

also the ovi store is up and running and there are huge number of free applications, as well as a load of ones you need to pay for.

Which are your favourite - share details with us, reviews etc of those that are boh good and bad!
*store.ovi.com/

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
@sdmaverick Do you use Nokia messaging? After upgrading to firmware v12, the call divert problem is solved. But when I installed Nokia messaging (on hearing that now Nokia messaging new version for 5th edition touch screen phones support html email) downloaded the new version by pointing the browser to email.nokia.com, when I click email or email setup, it asks me for my email address and password and after that sets up a mailbox in my mailbox folder. It does not act as a separate application and show me all the mailboxes that I have already configured on Nokia messaging. What is it doing wrong?

Top Bottom