N95 GPS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitgiri

Journeyman
i want to use GPS in my N95. i live in jodhpur. this device is shows only some main roads(highways). i want proper map. please help me to use it.

An Jing

Broken In
i need help with my n95 gps too. I live in the US and i went to the Nokia site an downloaded the maps but when go to th emap menu on my phone theres nothing there when i zoom in. Do i need a service to actulally use the GPS?

desai_amogh

In the zone
yes u have to subscribe for the service...

@ mohitgiri .. u might wana check SATGUIDE they charge 4000 bucks for the service .. i saw it's ad on a news paper (TOI)

www.satguide.in

thts in india..
& in US i dont think ull have much problems finding a good GPS service provider it will be easy & cheap.. try google..

Last edited:

An Jing

Broken In
mohitgiri said:
but nokia providing free maps of whole world.
www.nokia.com/maps
so why i pay for this.

how come even after when i install the maps from Nokia site, when i try to zoom in the map just get blurry?

OP
mohitgiri

mohitgiri

Journeyman
yes according to nokia care it is free and also no need of network. if u r not in network covrage its also work.

Pathik

Google Bot
GPS isnt all about maps.. it involves locating ur position on the map... so i dont think it wd be free in india atleast..

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
pathiks said:
GPS isnt all about maps.. it involves locating ur position on the map... so i dont think it wd be free in india atleast..
As long as you have a GPS receiver and the maps its a free service. GPS is maintained by the US Department of Defense and its open for civilians to use.

K

krazyfrog

^^ That maybe true for dedicated GPS devices but not for cellphones with GPS.

For those in doubt can read this page- *www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_N95-part_2_the_Navigator.php Whether the same applies in India is something i'm not sure of.

Pathik

Google Bot
It is free if we use a bluetooth gps receiver with cellfones.. But no idea about cells wit inbuilt gps.. Maybe u r right

OP
mohitgiri

mohitgiri

Journeyman
Inbuilt GPS in N95 is 100% free in india. now its working here fine but my city is not a metro city so ther is just outline, border and highways of my city. otherwise in MUMBAI and DELHI. its working fully with proper map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom