N95 8GB - Downgraded performance

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I Bought a N95 8GB 3 yrs back and still have that for me :cry::cry:

The prob is it is getting slower and slower day by day ...

How to bring that to condition ..
I Am using only its 8GB .... Didn't make any modifications ....

Should i update ??? How do i do that ???
Via Nseries PC suite or Nokia PC suite ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try ovi suite if it supports. it has an option of reinstalling the OS. same option should be there in pc suite also.

Sarath

iDota
When you go to the file manager how many memories does it show?

I am asking coz I remeber using a nokia which had 250MB internal memory although it had 8GB built in but counted as external memory.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
i Know this is the issue to almost all smart phone and PC's (windows) too....

Reason is as we continue to use the PC and Phones for years and years, the Internal memory gets filled with apps and there created files and others.

i suggest you to Reset your phone (Complete Reset *#7370#).
this Reset deletes all the files in Internal mem and Other parts (excluding Card memory)

BEWARE: this Reset will Delete your Contacts, Messages, Docs ,calendar and notes. just take back up of all the data Via Nokia ovi suite .

(it is just like Windows , as we format it and reinstall it, and it is New and brilliant after then)

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ I'll try - Now backing up...

UPDATE :

Hey guys i have updated my model to a newer version and had some new apps and now its faster than before ... But yes a 1 second or 1.5-2 second lag ....

Will try hard reset too and let you know .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i suggest you to Reset your phone (Complete Reset *#7370#).
this Reset deletes all the files in Internal mem and Other parts (excluding Card memory)
thats a soft reset...

@TheMost: Do a Hard Reset....
press dial button(green) + * + 3 + switchoff button
all above 4 simultaneously & phone will restart with as new as new phone:mrgreen:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
UPDATE :

Hey guys i have updated my model to a newer version and had some new apps and now its faster than before ... But yes a 1 second or 1.5-2 second lag ....

Will try hard reset too and let you know .

as expected ;-)

don't know about Symbian mobiles much (never done a complete reinstall of the OS) but a hard reset is a must for most Android mobiles if mobile OS is updated.

Top Bottom