N79 v/s Nokia 5800

Which phone should I opt for? (plz read my requirements and then cast your vote)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Hey friends,
I'm planning to upgrade to a new phone from my SE k790i. After doing some research, I think that I should choose either the N79 or Nokia 5800
I want a phone which should have the foll features:-
1) a good music output (on the speakers as well as headset)
2) a good camera. Now this is very important. It should be able to take pics of the level of k790i. I also have to take pics of documents.
3) I am an SMS freak! So the keypad/virtual keypad should be user friendly and comfortable
4) It shouldn't be as slow as the N73! I'm pretty much comfortable with Java.. So I expect a similar speed of operation. What I mean to say is that the basic functionality should be quick
5) I should finally get VFM. I usually change my phone after 2 years.
6) I will also be surfing the internet on my phone.

If you have any other suggestions, then please put it up here.. :)
Budget: Rs 15k +/- 1k

Start pouring in your views fellas :razz:

Last edited:
OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Hey,
Also have a look at this comparison between the 2 phones by gsmarena.
Click HERE

I wonder why 5800 has got better ratings...
Can anybody plz throw some light on this?

Last edited:

Vensanga

Journeyman
Go for 5800 if u can afford a new phne in a year or two but if ur gonna stick wit it for a little longer u better get N79..

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Hey,
I've heard that the N79 has the foll. drawbacks:

1) No button to control music playback

2) Poor radio reception-indoors

3) Capturing an image takes lot of time

4) Zooming into images also takes a lot of time

Can u'l plz share ur knowledge on the above issues. Do these issues really exist with the N79?

nikhilpai

Techans
If good camera is required then choose N79. Period/
Nokia 5800 camera is aweful.

For everything else Nokia 5800 rocks!

M

Makarand_Jadhav

Hey,
I've heard that the N79 has the foll. drawbacks:

1) No button to control music playback

2) Poor radio reception-indoors

3) Capturing an image takes lot of time

4) Zooming into images also takes a lot of time

Can u'l plz share ur knowledge on the above issues. Do these issues really exist with the N79?

Hey there, mate.!! I strongly disagree. I purchased N79 on the 18th last month & it works just fine.

1) I agree that there are no dedicated keys for music.

2) The reception of the radio, indoors, is awesome.

3) Capturing image doesn't take time. Zooming has no issues at all. & the clarity of the images is also good.

So if u r planning to buy N79, I wud give u a thumbs up on it.
& ya, trust the judgement & advices of all these people above, coz all of them have helped me take my decision. It indeed is VFM. :) Go for it. :)

Vensanga

Journeyman
For 18 months??? How's the condition now..i've heard dat N-series gets hang and slow down after a year or two like most of Nokia's product..

sujoyp

Grand Master
For 18 months??? How's the condition now..i've heard dat N-series gets hang and slow down after a year or two like most of Nokia's product..

he said 18th last month...thats 18/10/2009

and yup I too saw my n70 being slower after an year....its good to backup ur data and hardformat it..lets see how 5800 works after extensive use

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Design: 5800XM
movies and music: 5800XM period!
price: 5800XM
texting: 5800XM (thanks to the full qwerty)
UI: tie
loud speaker and call quality: 5800XM
internet browsing: 5800XM
features: 5800XM
gaming: 5800XM period!
camera: N79 period!
battery: N79
app compatibility: N79 period!
build quality: N79

My vote: 5800XM

M

Makarand_Jadhav

he said 18th last month...thats 18/10/2009

and yup I too saw my n70 being slower after an year....its good to backup ur data and hardformat it..lets see how 5800 works after extensive use

Well, I m not so sure of the "hanging" part, as this is my first time using an N-series. :?

But, I had read some of the posts here, earlier i.e. before buying my handset. So, on the purchase I had asked the people what shud be done to avoid such a problem? They suggested that if I shud keep updating my software every 5-6 months, such problems won't arise.

& speaking about N70, some of my friends had the problem right from the 2nd-3rd month of the purchase of their handsets. So I feel, maybe, Nokia might've done some reconstructions or overhauling with the latter devices.! :|

sujoyp

Grand Master
my 5800 dont hang at all...might have restarted once in last 1 month....

updating the software wont keep system clean...we might have to use some temp cleaner and registry cleaner type of software for that..

sujoyp

Grand Master
how abt SE yari....its a cool mobile...have a good cam..
*i1.phonearena.com/showimage.php?m=Reviews&f=image&id=2320

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sony-Ericsson-Yari-Review-review-r_2320.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom