My webcam stops recording suddenly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

purifier

Broken In
[SOLVED] My webcam stops recording suddenly!

Hi,

I've recently bought a webcam Lifecam VX6000 from Microsoft. I've been observing that my webcam stops recording after 30-40 mins of recording. I've checked my HDD capacity but there's more than 5 GB of free space. I'm recording at 320x240 resolution. Please Help...

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
What Motherboard Procy and other stuff u r using ??

It happend with us once with few of our 915 GAV/GEV based boards, we found that, to save Power Computer was turning off the USB devices, for a temp solution, what we did is,

Go to Device Manager, navigate to USB Root HUB or devices, Right Click on to go to Properties,

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/00d8889054.jpg

Navigate to TAB power Management and turn off the Option, Allow computer to turn of power to this device to save power

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/2336/untitledlm9.jpg

and for Permanent solution we changed all the SMPS of the samne config running systems to a Higer Capacity PSU :D

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Thank you so much and sorry for the delay in replying...

The processor is Intel (R) 82855PM
1.7 GHz
IBM R51 Thinkpad
RAM 768 MB
Removing USB power saving has not solved the problem :(

I've attached a screenshot of the system config just incase...

*img490.imageshack.us/img490/4931/systemsummarybg0.jpg

Any other suggestions please?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hey its a Laptop !!

Did u checked ur Power settings ??

Right Click on the Desktop, Click Properties, and then at Screen Saver TAB, click power Button, and check if its set to turn off any device after certain ammount of time !!!

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9821aa1891.jpg

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Sorry I should have mentioned its a laptop :) Well, there ain't any problem that I see... Everything seems to be correct there... :(

Any suggestions please? :(

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
If u have a multiple partition then i would suggest, try to install another fresh copy of Windows for a test !!! just insatll Windows + Drivers are the software which u use with ur Web CAM !!!

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
Alright I seem to have solved the problem. First of all, don't kill me. I forgot to mention something really important...hehe... I use two webcams! One for a program called RealityFusion and another for the actual webcam recording... So while recording, the RealityFusion(basically a screen saver) used to disable the recording to take control of the webcam... I guess that was the reason. Now it works fine...

Sorry.. And thank you for your time :) Wrote this down so that others don't make the same mistake...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
No Problem, but i though u should have seen that error, when accessing ur Power settinsg !!! as u could see the screen saver is enabled in 40mins time !!!

OP
P

purifier

Broken In
:lol: Yeah thats why I said a Sorry... I didn't miss it, it wasn't shown in the first place... thats weird though...hehe

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
anyway, Good to know that Problem is solved !!! :D and thanks for posting the notification too about that :) as mostly people forget to post that !!! and get see the thread going on and on !! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom