MY Vista doesn't have copy folder and move folder option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi friends!

I recently switched over to vista from xp on a hp laptop. It is vista home premium edition. But I dont find the copy folder or move folder option. When i want to move some files to some other folder i copy them ( either right click copy or copy option) and then go to desired folder, paste it then come back and delete the original files OR cut and paste which is quite cumbersome. It was much easier in xp.

How to enable these options in vista?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
"Copy to" and "Move to" options are not enabled in any Windows by default but you can enable them using tweaking software or manually through registry Editor.

You must have used some software in XP to enable those options. To enable them in Vista, copy following code and paste in Notepad. Save the file with name "vishal.reg" (including quotes) and then run it. It'll ask confirmation, accept it and you'll get the options in file/folder context menus:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
That worked!

Thanks a lot for that Vishal. But it enabled only the right click menu options ( which is enough), it is not there in the left panel options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom