Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

this is how my task manager looks all of a sudden... it continues to look alike from a few hrs back... teh latest thing i did was to install kaspersky antivirus which took the s*it out of me... so i uninstalled. it wudnt allow me to connect to internet via wndows xp pppoe dialer.. when connected... it restarted.. and when i clicked ctrl+alt+del my task manager looks like this :-o whats the problem?? u can see the top portion is not there at all! :(

*img369.imageshack.us/img369/6313/untitled4hz1.jpg

/legolas

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
double click on the area next to end tast and u will get Ur task manager back, just tried :)

PS: if u installed kaspersky personal, its obvious u will be pissed. Use personal pro :)

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
:d got it back... thks guys.. any idea as to y it happened? yes i uninstalled kaspersky right away.. took teh sh*t out of me... d*mn

/legolas

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hehehe...lmao

That changed look of the taskmanager surely gave legolas a fright!!

Changing the window look by double clicking on the outer border is a very old trick...In fact once in school I had kicked the s**t out of my computer teacher by doing that trick :twisted: .....U shud hav seen the panic in her eyes after that....Thought I had screwed up da system!!!!

HK

mohit

The Hardware Labs
__Virus__ said:
PS: if u installed kaspersky personal, its obvious u will be ****. Use personal pro :)

Care 2 explain what u wrote ?? Me and 2 of my frnds were using Kaspersky Personal and not Pro for ages till Windows One Care Live came up and we did not face a single/small/tiny issue with it. My frnds still use it and I dont know why u have called it crappy ?? Plz explain.

Personal Pro just gives you some more advanced options which are not present in Personal Edition. The scan engine is the same i guess.

Please dont simply label any software as crap just because of a single issue.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
well mohit, as of me, the prbs i faced is that when i connect to aritel conx... my comp simply reboots!! and i uninstalled kaspersky.. and no more prbs. let me not hope u aint a partner of the antivirus company or a shareholder! :D ;) donot take it personal thou.

/legolas

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@legolas
i do admit that there might be an issue with it on your comp but i dont think that a s/w can be called crap just called of a single issue. I mean maybe it was conflicting with something on your pc. Like I had the same prob with Zone Alarm , it used to make my comp reboot everytime I tried connecting to BSNL Data One .. there is some issue with it but still ZA is one of the best free firewalls out there.

What Mr. Virus wrote was that if u install KAV Personal your are OBVIOUSLY going to get screwed .. i think that is an exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom