My PC screen is flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

sush5

Right off the assembly line
Hi all
I bought a Samsung 793MB 17" flatron in may 2005.For the past one month the screen is flickering continously.Can u guys tell me what the problem is.Sometimes whenever the system is swithced on,it gives a whistling sound after entering XP mode and the sound stays on for 5 minutes,after that it stops.
susmitha

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Check for any sources of magnetic fields near your monitor such as speakers , phones etc. Also keep wireless devices such as cordless phones , mobiles away from the monitor. High power adaptors of components such as speakers should also be kept away from the monitor. Check for all these and get back to us. Do you have any other devices near the system which you think can cause interference ? Also check for loose cables and proper power supply. If you are using a ups then try removing the monitor from the ups and connecting it directly to the power source. Do all these and post your reply.

bukaida

In the zone
Power Problem

I think it is power problem and the sound is coming from EHT. If your monitor is still under warrenty, immediatly service it to avoid further damage. BTW, never try to open the monitor by yourself. Get it serviced by expert only. Also check the power suppy of your home(Earthing ,voltage,fluctuations etc). Keep speakers and UPS away from the monitor, specially the UPS.

crashuniverse

In the zone
well i cant be sure abt the sound as it has nothin to do with OS or something. it must be a hardware problem.

for flickering i guess u can check for fixing the problem by increasing the refresh rate. u do dat by right click on desktop > display prop > advanced> monitor and select refresh rate to be 85 Hz.... hope it does the job ;-)

OP
S

sush5

Right off the assembly line
reg the problem

hi
I checked out that there are none of the devices mentioned by you near my computer.I've increased the refresh rate but the problem still persists slightly(80% solved).But have to do something regarding the sound coz it starts and stops suddenly .anyway thanx a lott guys.
susmitha

zegulas

Traceur
If all this has not helped you, then its sure that your monitor has a problem; you also told that you have just bought it, so go for a replacement and not for a repair. The Samsung guys will take care of it !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Re: reg the problem

sush5 said:
hi
I checked out that there are none of the devices mentioned by you near my computer.I've increased the refresh rate but the problem still persists slightly(80% solved).But have to do something regarding the sound coz it starts and stops suddenly .anyway thanx a lott guys.
susmitha
I had same problem with my LG monitor. I have noticed that whistling sound only comes when my screen resolution is 800*600. When I change it to 1024*768, sound suddenly stops. So you can check that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom