My pc runing on and off :(

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Today evening when I turned on the PC, I noticed that its running on and off i.e. all fans and lights are turn on for 6 sec and then turning off, this process is continuing until I turn off the UPS. To solve this problem, I cleaned the RAM slot and RAM and its running fine now.
But couldn't understand why this problem occurs? Whats the reason behind this?

Specs
Intel core i7 2600K
MSI Z68A GD80 B3 Mobo
Gskill Ripjaws X 4GBX2 DDR3 1600 Mhz
MSI GTX560Ti TFII/OC GPU
Corsair GS700

Last edited:

frankeric

Journeyman
Hi some time when dust remains for long time in cpu it turns into carbon and current can pass through carbon thats why some times system act weird.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
When you turn on , BIOS checks if the Ram is connected properly.If not the system either beeps/hangs or shuts down.

doomgiver

Warframe
Hi some time when dust remains for long time in cpu it turns into carbon and current can pass through carbon thats why some times system act weird.

totally wrong. dust != carbon.

it contains many things, including metals, bio-material, fibre strands. that "carbon" you are seeing is probably something that short circuited

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
happened with my asus so many times... the ram led used to blink.. the fastest solution was to take out all the sticks.. and put a single stick and then turning on pc, after succesfull boot, insert the rest of the sticks and enjoy..

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
I had the same problem a few days back . I Cleaned Each and every part and I found that inside my PSU I had lot dust . This was my problem and it solved.
Try Cleaning Everything .

frankeric

Journeyman
totally wrong. dust != carbon.

it contains many things, including metals, bio-material, fibre strands. that "carbon" you are seeing is probably something that short circuited

If you think a bit more carefully than you will understand dust is not just soil there are many small particles in dust which a human eye cant see and dust absorb moisture from
environment which make it electricity conductor.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
This happened when I was assembled my dad's comp and did a test run for power. it would just turn on and then off after a couple of seconds.. later I switched to a different wall socket and it worked. I have a home UPS and so I don't have a separate one for the comp.

doomgiver

Warframe
If you think a bit more carefully than you will understand dust is not just soil there are many small particles in dust which a human eye cant see and dust absorb moisture from
environment which make it electricity conductor.

if you had read what i wrote, you'd not be writing this. go back and read my previous reply.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
A similar problem is with my pc. when i turn it on, its leds and fans start, then restart after 3 secs and then the pc starts with a beep. Earlier when i used to turn on my pc, its would start immediately along with that beep.

doomgiver

Warframe
Hi brother can you explain what are you trying to say??????
water in atmosphere is not the main cause of short circuits in computers.
its because of the dust.

dust can have metal fragments and other conductors in it, hence can short out electronics.

also, dust is not just soil. infact, there is hardly any "soil" in dust. very common misconception.

frankeric

Journeyman
water in atmosphere is not the main cause of short circuits in computers.
its because of the dust.

dust can have metal fragments and other conductors in it, hence can short out electronics.

also, dust is not just soil. infact, there is hardly any "soil" in dust. very common misconception.

I was saying the same thing what else i said in ma post???

Top Bottom