Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Techie

In the zone
i canot understand what the hell has happened to my pc
I have a 40 gb hdd in two partition one of 15 and other of 25.5
recently i got a message that windows require 200mb to run
and there is only 161mb
but when i selected all the folders and files in c drive ad viewed their properties i found that the used space is only 8 gb then where did the space go my os is xp with sp1
i have norton system works zone alarm spyware blaster spybot search and destroy i scannedmy pc from all these but could not find anything

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Official Techie said:
i got a message that windows require 200mb to run
and there is only 161mb

may b the messege is not for low disk space worning... now to check... do this...

go to My Computer right click on the driver where u have windows XP install... now in the menu... click Properties....

*img128.imageshack.us/img128/7356/018rv.th.jpg

in there u can see how much space is free...

*img92.imageshack.us/img92/5482/025ji.th.jpg

now if u have planty (more that 1.5 GB)... then this worning might have came from other source... like Page file size in too small...

How much ram do u have??

Normaly u should have atlist 512MB of Page file... just make sure u have that done... & try to set the page file in a different drive rather that in the same partition where windows is located....

follow this guide to adjust the virtual memory setting set the page file in a different drive rather that in the same partition where windows is located.... & delete the default page file which should b in the OS drive....

rajas700

Youngling
vignesh said:
I think this is the case of a spyware or a virus

Hello.Nortonsystemworks takes the remaining space.I that space Nortonsystemwork's store's the thing u have deleted.U get it back the data when u need.(through norton systemworks).If u need the free space mean just uninstall the NORTON SYSTEM WORKS.U CAN GET BACK THE FREE SPACE.Not only c: in D,E,F: also will be the same.because NORTON SYSTEM WORKS alot's ceratin G.B.for storeing the deleted file's i that drive.UNINSTALL AND GET BACK THE FREE SPACE.
That's it ur problem solved.

It is not due to spyware,virus or hidden file.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
reinstall xp the quick and easiest way to do things right in windows when they went wrong , and i think nortan system works as well as nortan antivirus standalone editions are evil , hog up lot of system resources ram as well as hard disk !

rajas700

Youngling
mohit sharma said:
reinstall xp the quick and easiest way to do things right in windows when they went wrong , and i think nortan system works as well as nortan antivirus standalone editions are evil , hog up lot of system resources ram as well as hard disk !

Dude.u will reinstall the os for these simple thing?Moreover if u reinstall the c:drive only mean the BACKUP OF NORTON SYSTEM WORKS in that particular drive will deleted.what do u will do with remain driver's?The backup remains by having unchange.so i order to recover the FREE SPACE safely go ahead with UNINSTALL of Norton system works.

OP
Official Techie

Official Techie

In the zone
I have 512 ram

i have set the paging file to 1024 mb
I cannot reload the os there is very imp software which i cannot create backup also
i have scanned the pc from spybot search and estroy
the antispyware of zone alarm and antispy of yahoo tool bar but could not find anything the space went to vauum or what

rajas700

Youngling
UNINSTALL the NORTON SYSTEM WORKS .If not no other way to recover the freespace.No problem with
paging file to 1024 mb .For 512 ram u must need.
so to recover ur freespace go a head with uninstall of NORTON SYSTEM WORKS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom