My PC hangs after running 24 hrs. Why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashuniverse

In the zone
Well work loads made me keep my comps running more than 24 hrs. They have been hating me. Anywasy I have 2 comps running line by line.

1. P4@2.8 GHz HT / 865 GBF / 256 DDR / 80 GB Samsung / Win XP Pro
2. P4@2.4 GHz / 845 Mercury / 128 DDR / 80 GB Seagate / Win XP Pro

Now PC1 hangs after running more than 24 hrs while PC2 remains calm, works well. Applications start crashin' and there is nothin much i can do on it except switching it off. At the same time PC2 is cool works fine.

Last time i ran it continuously for 36 hrs, it simply restarted. And saying Recovered from serious error.

So what do i do? OS problem/ hard disk errors or what? I am puzzled. Waitin' for expert comments.

Netjunkie

In the zone
Definetly a heat issue.

First try cleaning the cabinet & all the fans, make sure they are free from dust. Monitor the fan RPM & make sure they are working proprly.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
get some serious cooling man.... also might wana chech this thread... & hit a search as many thread is here about Hit issue....

help: - Installing Cabinet FAN....

G

yes hitting may cause to pc to hang .. i also had similar prob at that time i simpling cut the side of cabinet and installed one fan there.. so it was solved

OP
C

crashuniverse

In the zone
allright, i c its a heat problem. i went to the link given above and it was really so helpful :)

well but i m really not able to decide to put da extra one in side or back, as when i put it in side it rili creates a big problem when u open the cabinet. have to detach the power cable each time :(

cyrux

In the zone
Its a coomon heating issue with P4 HT . in fact i must say that u are lucky u can run the rig for 24hrs at a stretch .My firends cant even use for 2hrs at a stretch. Thats y amd 64 rulez.
Coming to the sol. use good thermal paste and a good cooling fan with copper core and a couple more system fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom