My PC automatically Freeezes after boot[Help Plz]

Whistler81

The One and Only
Guys. Serious Help and Suggestion Required here.
I had recently formatted my computer. Not just C Drive the entire hard drive.
First I put in the Windows XP Professional with SP2 CD in the drive.
Made 5 partitions out of my 320GB HDD[40 ; 18 ; 80 ; 80 ; 80]
After that I quit the XP installation.
Then inserted the Windows 7 Ultimate DVD and installed it in the 40GB partition.

(Partitioning in Windows 7 used to reserve addtional 100MB which prevented me form creating the last 80GB partition. i wouldn't be able to use it so i partioned in XP which did not involve any extra space reservation.)

Everything ran well. Activated Windows. Downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 updated it. ATi Catalyst driver for my Graphics Card, latest drivers for the motherboard. Chrome from the Nov2010 Mindware DVD. Installed Call of Duty Black OPs. Played for some time. Then the problem started.

I power on the machine. Windows 7 boots, i get the desktop, refresh several times. Click on Crome and then it opens surf for sometime and all of a sudden window goes Not Responding. I right click on the desktop trying to refresh but menu doesn't open. Taskbar right clicking doesn't work. ALt+Ctrl+Del doesn't work either. Everything freezes and the only thing i can do is restart. This process goes on for two or three times more and then while booting i get Startup Repair which doesn't be able to find any problems.

I am practically pissed off! Don't know what the hell is Wrong?! PC temperature are normal, no dust, i dont think defragging is necessary(newly formatted HDD). Please if you have any suggestions let me know. I think I'll have to get into a routine of waking up in the morning, install 7 by 7 download and then ...I lost my sence of humour for this **** thing!! Please help. I have become light headed, so don't consider this to be a joke or something. P.S I am feeling a slight electric shock from the back of the cabinet the silver sidewhere the wires go in. Please Help.​

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
OK what should i do? How do i check?
I am having to run my pc in the the Safe mode with Networking.

and there is another ditto post that got created due to network problems how do i delete it?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well you need to check the HDD for bad sectors. but as your HDD hangs directly, can try a 2nd hard drive & access the 1st drive.

ditto post? or thread? if thread, than forget it or tell mod. they'll lock the 2nd thread.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
The cables might be the culprit, what about your power supply, Your configuration has lots of addons (gfx card+2 ODD+1HDD), try with a different PSU

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
I cannot say that i have a decent power supply. It is a 440v PS.
Today i got another Startup Repair which could not come up with a solution, but i tried another i Started Memory Diagnostics which went on for hours. Could not complete the tests and restarted to kget the desktop which appears repaired. But dont know if i'llstay for long this way.

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
Check this out

One of the main causes of booting XP slowly is the method of loading drivers.Windows version prior to XP loaded drivers sequentially , but since XP , it has been done concurrently , causing slow down.This information is written to the file C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\Layout.ini.While creating this file, XP does a partial defragmentation of the files listed in Layout.inito make them available in one contiguous area of the hard drive , allowing to load them faster.Various factors adversly affect this defragmentation process , such as fragmented hard drives , improper defragmentation of the above files by regular defragmenter , etc.It is therefore do this defragmentation manually using a utility from Microsoft known as BootVis , available at *www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664. Extract the ZIP file and run BootVis.exe.

The first step in tweaking your boot process is to run a boot trace. Go to file > New > Next Boot + Drivers Trace. the trace Repetitions window will prompt you for the number of repetitions (reboots and traces) to run. Let's go with the defaults: click OK. BootVis will cancel the reboot if you need to save your work , then reboot.

johnkendal28

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I read out your problem,slow and freezing is the main problem of every PC user.I have also face this problem and i fad up my PC, but my friend suggest me a PC Optimizer Pro registry cleaner software.It's clean all unwanted entries and also clean your browser tracks which can slow your PC day by day. I am satisfied this software and hope your can also try this.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey i think it might be due to ur RAM check it using memtest which comes with most of the ubuntu Cd's!!
cause even i had similar problems !!!

logicsync

Right off the assembly line
see this as well : A computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 stops responding randomly

Top Bottom