My Nokia N73 ME Unusual Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amritpal2489

In the zone
Hi everyone,

I have a used Nokia N73 which unfortunately has a small technical problem. When I connect the phone to my PC with the supplied USB cable nothing happens. So, the cable must be defective, I thought. I got another cable and had exactly the same result. I tried the cables and N73 on several other PCs all without joy. Then using a 5500 I found that all the cables seemed to be okay. So, the pop-port must be defective, I thought. Then I remembered the pop-port headphones supplied with the phone which worked perfectly! So, maybe it is not a problem with the pop-port after all or perhaps just with one pin?

A colleague of mine suggests this is actually a firmware problem but how can I update the firmware when I can't connect a USB cable? Is it possible to update firmware OTA or can I copy it onto my memory card and do it that way?

By The Way.. I get this information after pressing *#0000# key sequence into my phone
V 4.0839.42.2.1
27-09-2008
RM-133
(C) Nokia N73 (01)

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone give me any advice? Is this phone totally shot or is there a cheap and easy way to get it back to full health?

Many thanks in advance,

Ross

Daydream Believer
Uninstall PC Suite,
Download latest PC Suite from Nokia's site and install.
You'll get new cable drivers and may be then you'll be able to connect. :)

OP
A

amritpal2489

In the zone
The Problem Is Not With The PC.. Its with the handset... My cell doesnt detect any Cable....
Whenever i connect the cable my cell doesnt give any response.. no options asking which mode.. no USB sign... Nothing..
I have checked everything... hard formatted the cell... latest PC Suite... Everything...

utsav

damn busy...
its a very common problem which many people are facing. becoz of the wearing away of the pop port the cable connectors do not make proper contact with the port on the fone

OP
A

amritpal2489

In the zone
I used that port just a day before.. it was working fine.. and the cable fits properly and securely now also... N Moreover i cleaned the contacts but still.. the same.. it doesnt... detect...

utsav

damn busy...
in my n73 the cable sometimes work and sometimes it doesnt ,though applying little pressure makes it to work. y dont u take it to nokia care center and chk it out thr.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
My N73's cables never work perfect. The pop port gets clogged as its made of brass.

Do this: Take a pin and scratch the pins of the port. Similarly, take a blade and scrub the pin points of the cable. I'm sure it will work.

OP
A

amritpal2489

In the zone
Took it to Nokia Care...
One diode gone... they say its not repairable now.. i wont be able to connect my cell with my Pc thru data cable.. UNLESS I GET SOME OTHER DEAD N73 MAINBOARD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom