My new system

prabinpebam

Broken In
Finally finished assembling my new system, now it's up and running.

This is the spec I got.

Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Gene
Processor - Intel i7-3770K
Graphics Card - Zotac GTX 660ti AMP Edition (Factory Overclocked)
RAM - G Skill 8GB DDR3 1600
PSU - Corsair CX600
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Cabinet - Corsair 400R Carbide Series

001---Package-From-Flipkart.jpg
002-The-Boxes.jpg
003-Box-contents.jpg
004-The-Graphics-Card.jpg
005-The-CPU-Cooler.jpg
006-The-Cabinet.jpg
007-The-Processor.jpg
008-The-PSU.jpg
009-The-assembly.jpg
010-The-assembly.jpg

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Congrats Prabin....!!!!!
Wat was your payment option......Credit card or debit card or cod (but max 50k...for this option)

OP
P

prabinpebam

Broken In
Here are the prices:

Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Gene - Rs. 16,123/-
Processor - Intel i7-3770K - Rs. 22,521/-
Graphics Card - Zotac GTX 660ti AMP Edition (Factory Overclocked) - Rs. 25,826/-
RAM - G Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rs. 3,996/-
PSU - Corsair CX600 - Rs. 4,485/-
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and an extra "Cooler Master XtraFlo 120mm fan" - Rs. 2,187 + Rs. 560/-
Cabinet - Corsair 400R Carbide Series - Rs. 5,838/-

And other miscellaneous parts like Hard drive, Optical drive etc also were ordered.

I made around Rs. 35,000/- payment by Debit Card and another Rs. 60,000/- by credit card using the emi option.
The emi option is what made it possible for me. They charge a processing fee of about Rs 2,500/- for 12 emi's. That's the extra amount I've to pay.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
woha!! nice, did you get everything from flipkart? and how long did it take to reach you?

OP
P

prabinpebam

Broken In
Good purchase.
And don't relay on WEI.

Of course I'm not relying on WEI. That was the first closest thing to a benchmark I could get. So I just put it as an initial reference. I'll upload few screen grabs from 3DMark11 and Passmark soon.

woha!! nice, did you get everything from flipkart? and how long did it take to reach you?

Yup, I got everything from Flipkart. I know the complexity of the conditions which you've to consider before deciding on a particular config and the whole thing revolve around knowing the prices of the different components. You just can't decide on a config without knowing the price as you've to finally pay for it. Initially I use to prepare a config and email it to the local vendor for a quotation. They'll take their own sweet time and give me a quote with only half of the items I originally wanted as they don't have the rest in stock. The best thing about Flipkart is, it gives you availability and price in real time as you prepare your config. And Flipkart is a lot better in terms of variety of items available compared to local vendors. I took quotations from three different vendors in Bangalore and on the first look, the prices on Flipkart seemed to be slightly higher that the local vendors. But the local vendors will add VAT at the end and it turned out more that what I'm getting in Flipkart. Whether you buy it from Flipkart or not, it's definitely one good place for price reference. But what sealed the deal for me was the EMI option on payment by credit card.
Most deliveries were done withing 3 to 4 days. Except two items which got cancelled due to unavailability in stock even though it was available according to their website during the time of the payment. I had to order different items again and got the new items within three days. Packaging was awesome and their delivery boys would make delivering well after office hours also upon request. The service is particularly good in Bangalore as Flipkart is based in Bangalore. Maybe for different places, it may vary.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Yup, I got everything from Flipkart. I know the complexity of the conditions which you've to consider before deciding on a particular config and the whole thing revolve around knowing the prices of the different components. You just can't decide on a config without knowing the price as you've to finally pay for it. Initially I use to prepare a config and email it to the local vendor for a quotation. They'll take their own sweet time and give me a quote with only half of the items I originally wanted as they don't have the rest in stock. The best thing about Flipkart is, it gives you availability and price in real time as you prepare your config. And Flipkart is a lot better in terms of variety of items available compared to local vendors. I took quotations from three different vendors in Bangalore and on the first look, the prices on Flipkart seemed to be slightly higher that the local vendors. But the local vendors will add VAT at the end and it turned out more that what I'm getting in Flipkart. Whether you buy it from Flipkart or not, it's definitely one good place for price reference. But what sealed the deal for me was the EMI option on payment by credit card.
Most deliveries were done withing 3 to 4 days. Except two items which got cancelled due to unavailability in stock even though it was available according to their website during the time of the payment. I had to order different items again and got the new items within three days. Packaging was awesome and their delivery boys would make delivering well after office hours also upon request. The service is particularly good in Bangalore as Flipkart is based in Bangalore. Maybe for different places, it may vary.
That's why I love flipkart :p, lots of variety and spot on delivery.

You are buying from flipkart despite you are from Bangalore? :facepalm:

He only paid 35k the rest is EMI, so its a good deal.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ prabinpebam - congrats ;-) so pci-e 3.0 is working without any 'fix' work ?? care to post a gpu-z screenshot.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
I made around Rs. 35,000/- payment by Debit Card and another Rs. 60,000/- by credit card using the emi option.
The emi option is what made it possible for me. They charge a processing fee of about Rs 2,500/- for 12 emi's. That's the extra amount I've to pay.

How do we do that- I mean how can I ask to do a split payment like you did? Am I supposed to call the Cs and tell them I want to do a split payment?? Any help is appreciated :)

Naxal

Little Kid
Why not 8x2-> 16GB and a SSD :D

But excellent build what you have :D

How do we do that- I mean how can I ask to do a split payment like you did? Am I supposed to call the Cs and tell them I want to do a split payment?? Any help is appreciated :)

The merchant is authorized to break it and The CC gets charged every month for the EMI amount !!! Thus when bill comes it will show just the EMI rather than full amount but the bill will come every month..

OP
P

prabinpebam

Broken In

I just made a separate order for the one I wanna pay with my debit card. They also have a feature call Wallet where you can top up your balance. You can top up the amount you want with a debit card or net banking. When finally you go for payment, you can use the wallet option. It'll automatically calculate the balance after using your wallet balance and you can pay the rest with a credit card.

You are buying from flipkart despite you are from Bangalore? :facepalm:

I don't understand the facepalm.
But I chose Flipkart mainly because of the emi option without which I can't afford this config.

Congrats.
Btw gpu n ram prices r high..
Bt u paid only 35k rest on emi:-D

I got quotes from two local vendors and after adding VAT to their quote, the Flipkart prices were lesser in fact. I didn't bargain with the vendors at all and if I do, maybe it would've become slightly lesser.
But for a working guy like me, paying a little extra for the convenience of being able to manage everything from my mobile and getting delivered at home is fine. But most importantly, I needed the emi option. :razz:

@ prabinpebam - congrats ;-) so pci-e 3.0 is working without any 'fix' work ?? care to post a gpu-z screenshot.

Hi Topgear! Yup, PCIE 3.0 is working perfectly without any fix.
I set up Virtu MVP, GPU tweak and overclocked the processor from 3.5 to 4.6.
I'm trying to run 3D Mark11.
I'll post some screengrabs soon.

Currently playing Crysis 2 at 1080p full spec and it's performing so smooth. :-D

Battlefield 3 next in line. :-D

Looking forward to Crysis 3. After seeing the Crysis 3 tech trailer, I'm worried my GPU might not be enough.

Why not 8x2-> 16GB and a SSD :D

But excellent build what you have :D

How I wish for that! But I calmed down my greed and decided to leave those as an upgrade option.
I should be able to max out the RAM capacity in a few months.:razz:
SSD might take a little time as they are so expensive. :cry:

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
I just made a separate order for the one I wanna pay with my debit card. They also have a feature call Wallet where you can top up your balance. You can top up the amount you want with a debit card or net banking. When finally you go for payment, you can use the wallet option. It'll automatically calculate the balance after using your wallet balance and you can pay the rest with a credit card.

Thank you for explaining the wallet option. And enjoy your beast:-D

Top Bottom