My new system

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I don't understand the facepalm.
But I chose Flipkart mainly because of the emi option without which I can't afford this config.

The reason being although you have used EMI option, everything you have bought is priced higher than the local market (at least here).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Topgear! Yup, PCIE 3.0 is working perfectly without any fix.
I set up Virtu MVP, GPU tweak and overclocked the processor from 3.5 to 4.6.
I'm trying to run 3D Mark11.
I'll post some screengrabs soon.

Currently playing Crysis 2 at 1080p full spec and it's performing so smooth. :-D

Battlefield 3 next in line. :-D

Looking forward to Crysis 3. After seeing the Crysis 3 tech trailer, I'm worried my GPU might not be enough.

How I wish for that! But I calmed down my greed and decided to leave those as an upgrade option.
I should be able to max out the RAM capacity in a few months.:razz:
SSD might take a little time as they are so expensive. :cry:

Thanks for all the info - so can you tell your cpu and gpus idle and load temps ?

and upgrading to 16GB or more ram won't give you any performance boost unless you can max out the ram usages using appropriate apps - for a gaming rig 8GB ram is enough - invest more on capacious SSd though.

OP
P

prabinpebam

Broken In
Thanks for all the info - so can you tell your cpu and gpus idle and load temps ?

and upgrading to 16GB or more ram won't give you any performance boost unless you can max out the ram usages using appropriate apps - for a gaming rig 8GB ram is enough - invest more on capacious SSd though.

Her's the CPUz screenshot and benchmark of 3DMark11

2012-09-11_215128.png
2012-09-11_223227.jpg

This is the temperature I got after playing one hour of Crysis2.
2012-09-11_213042.png

Normally the idle temperature stays at about 32° C

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice .. if you have some time do have a look at these threads ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking/121310-post-your-3dmark-results-here.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking/121070-cpu-overclock-list-discussion-thread.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking/151459-graphic-card-overclock-list-discussion.html

Hrishi

Nice configuration.Congrats for your beasty setup. Btw , what sort of display you are using for gaming ? 1080p ?

Top Bottom