In the zone
"2 GB Transcend 667 MHz DDR2 RAM - 7000"

Can u Check on this ? ... wat u have quoted is wrong i think

1 GB DDR @ 667 sells around 5.5k

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Vinyas: Its two 1 GB sticks...again, it might very well be more than 7 K, its just estimates based on what I remember from my discussions with my mate who actually built the system...could be more, so don't hold me to it!!

mayneu

Journeyman
faraaz said:
@Mayneu: WTF?! Dude...I asked around and the parts I have are like the fastest/biggest/best parts with stable prices in the country (except the gfx card for reasons already mentioned above)...

In your opinion, what would be good then?? I mean, the other guys who said its a good config can't be all wrong??

And I'd like to know what exactly is your laptop config, what brand is your laptop and how much you paid for it..

And I'd like to know the exact details please, what speed your RAM is, what RPM your HDD has, what graphics card chipset (with RAM speed and GPU speed), and yeah...screen size as well..

If you got a 19" widescreen laptop...hats off! :p

cool buddy....why r u pulling ur nerve... i said u have paid extra money in terms of international price. not indian value... i know its more than what u get here. i saw ur location & mentioned this.

by the way i got a dell laptop with following config

2ghz core duo processor
17" monitor
2gb ddr2 @ 667 mhz
256mb ati x1600 graphics card
120 gb hdd @7.2k rpm
intel pro/wireless 802.11b/g
bluetooth, firewire,usb,card reader
sound blaster audigy
tv tuner card + remote
with a pen drive 1gb transend and optical mouse

ALL INCLUDING CARRY CASE FOR 55,OOO/RS.....

THIS IS GOOD I THINK. WHAT DO U SAY?

assasin

Banned
Hey faraaz gr8 rig dude.igive it 9/10.

@mayneu From where did u get a laptop like dat for 55k.Plz tell me cuz i'm interested.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
mayneu said:
cool buddy....why r u pulling ur nerve... i said u have paid extra money in terms of international price. not indian value... i know its more than what u get here. i saw ur location & mentioned this.

by the way i got a dell laptop with following config

2ghz core duo processor
17" monitor
2gb ddr2 @ 667 mhz
256mb ati x1600 graphics card
120 gb hdd @7.2k rpm
intel pro/wireless 802.11b/g
bluetooth, firewire,usb,card reader
sound blaster audigy
tv tuner card + remote
with a pen drive 1gb transend and optical mouse

ALL INCLUDING CARRY CASE FOR 55,OOO/RS.....

THIS IS GOOD I THINK. WHAT DO U SAY?

What brand?? And where did you buy it from?? Is that 55000 converted amount or was this purchased in India??

And how is that as good as my system??? And you will notice that certain components such as the Antec power supply and Transcend RAM are branded and extremely expensive, hence the overall system cost.

And no, I have'nt upgraded my profile in a while...it SHOULD say Bangalore...

@Sam9s: I'm pretty impressed with the monitor truth be told...I have another system with an Acer 19" monitor which is used by the rest of my family for Internet etc...and that is just CRAP!! This one has good color reproduction and is extremely responsive, especially in gaming...which is not true at all for the Acer monitor...

I realise its not really a comparison as such, but since I have to 2 pieces lying around in my house, its easy to compare. And since I got it for like 2 K off with bill, I'm happy! :)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Great config...I guess when you upgrade to a Dix10 card it'll unleash it's true potential.

mayneu

Journeyman
faraaz said:
What brand?? And where did you buy it from?? Is that 55000 converted amount or was this purchased in India??

And how is that as good as my system??? And you will notice that certain components such as the Antec power supply and Transcend RAM are branded and extremely expensive, hence the overall system cost.

And no, I have'nt upgraded my profile in a while...it SHOULD say Bangalore...

@Sam9s: I'm pretty impressed with the monitor truth be told...I have another system with an Acer 19" monitor which is used by the rest of my family for Internet etc...and that is just CRAP!! This one has good color reproduction and is extremely responsive, especially in gaming...which is not true at all for the Acer monitor...

I realise its not really a comparison as such, but since I have to 2 pieces lying around in my house, its easy to compare. And since I got it for like 2 K off with bill, I'm happy! :)
its dell... i bought it from US. last month i got it. i forgot to mention that it has 8x dual layer dvd writer also...what more u want man... enough for rocking me at present.... ur system is not a bad one. i said good one.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
vimal_mehrotra said:
killer machine...i think so.:D 9\10
and ssk you like west ham beat manu just like arsenal did in the""theater
of dreams'''':D

sorry for goin off topic but i had to....

@ vimal
well u gunners never leave a chance to say somethin....
its just 1 match man...
look at ur "beautiful football playin" team & then open ur mouth ;-)

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
mayneu said:
its dell... i bought it from US. last month i got it. i forgot to mention that it has 8x dual layer dvd writer also...what more u want man... enough for rocking me at present.... ur system is not a bad one. i said good one.

@Mayneu: There you go, US is the cheapest for computer components anywhere...I really doubt whether you can get a laptop for that config in India dude...

That plus Dell uses some very dodgy components...I should know! I had an Inspiron 9100 which I bought 2 years ago...:(

@SS9: WTF is HDCP?? :) I dunno...maybe if you explain that for me, I can look through those booklets I got with the monitor and let you know??

goobimama

 Macboy
Open Google.com. Type in Samsung 940BW HDCP.

Answer: Yes, it is HDCP

@ Faraaz: HDCP is High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection. You need a monitor and graphics card which are HDCP to play Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs on your PC.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
sam9s said:
How much did you get it for, which place as well, Also is it HDCP compatible?

Anybody onboard the thread can give me an idea if this monitor is HDCP compatible. No info on the site. Monitor looks damm impressive.

its around 14 k and it is 1 of the first lcds to have hd cp support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom