My new PC'c sonfig+prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
hello guys im new here.
after a bit of researching ive decided on my new pc's config.
Q6600 @8600RS
Intel DP35 @5500RS
Radeon HD4850 @ 11000RS!!!
2 GB RAM DDR2 @2000RS
now can you guys tell me if im paying a lot for this esp. for the HD4850 coz ive seen it for 160$ on newegg and ebay.im staying in Kerala,Cochin.
and if there is anyone staying in Cochin can you please let me know a good store esp where i can get the HD4850?
thankyou

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Who is manufacturer of hd4850.
Its price is around 10.8 to 9.9k!

I got my sapphire hd4850 @ 11.5k.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
hello guys im new here.
after a bit of researching ive decided on my new pc's config.
Q6600 @8600RS
Intel DP35 @5500RS
Radeon HD4850 @ 11000RS!!!
2 GB RAM DDR2 @2000RS
now can you guys tell me if im paying a lot for this esp. for the HD4850 coz ive seen it for 160$ on newegg and ebay.im staying in Kerala,Cochin.
and if there is anyone staying in Cochin can you please let me know a good store esp where i can get the HD4850?
thankyou

other prices seems fine to me ...but why go for intel DP35 mobo ..get MSI P45 neo ....better chipset ...and it will help u overclocking @ 5.8k ..

go for palit Hd4850 available for 9.2 to 9.5k depending @ the place u are ..and never compare price here and in US its never simple currency conversion ...but the price i m telling u is the best u can get ...and i would suggest u to go for palit version of card i.e,Palit HD4850...comes with latest bios runs cool and quiet and faces no problem ..atleast 8 people by now i know have bought this card including me and running it without any problem ...so look for that ...

also u did not mention u need to have a good PSU for ur card atleast CM 500 W but i will suggest u go for corsair vx450 for about 3.2~ 3.4k....

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
thank you guys.
yes i was initially going for the P45 but its not available anywhere in Cochin.i even found a hd 4850 in 7th or 8th store i checked!
btw what i understand is that the p45 is pretty much the p35 except for the updated crossfire?
and im bit of a noob so i have a few Q's
-isn't cross fire connecting 2 graphic cards in one system?
-i would just need ONE PSU you right?i was thinking abt a 550W or is 500 enough?
and would i need any extra cooling products for my config apart from the stock items?

tq

oh yeah btw any reliable online shopping sites you ppl recommend?

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
thank you guys.
yes i was initially going for the P45 but its not available anywhere in Cochin.i even found a hd 4850 in 7th or 8th store i checked!
btw what i understand is that the p45 is pretty much the p35 except for the updated crossfire?
and im bit of a noob so i have a few Q's
-isn't cross fire connecting 2 graphic cards in one system?
-i would just need ONE PSU you right?i was thinking abt a 550W or is 500 enough?
and would i need any extra cooling products for my config apart from the stock items?

tq

oh yeah btw any reliable online shopping sites you ppl recommend?

yes P35 is almost the same except addition of PCI-ex 2.0 which gives better performs with gfx cards albiet may be only 5~7% better and along with ICH10 controller hub ..in one go it wouldn't be great by the look but it can be make ur system about 5~10% faster overall if not more ...and P45 is newer chipet ...if u can get a faster system just by spending 300 rupees more ...why not ...?? its totally worth in my opinion!

crossfire is technology that lets u add two cards (ATI cards only) in one system ...but neither the board u are thinking to buy nor the board i m suggesting has crossfire ..means two graphics slot ...so u don't have to worry about it !

going for MSI or ASUS mobo gives u the flexibility to overclock ..if u want to later on ...intel doesn't give u any overclocker feature ...

and yes u will need only one PSU even if u use two gfx cards but then u will need a PSU with higher wattage ...thats all ...

also u will need to have a good PSU not the ones u get with cabby for HD4850 u will need atleast CM500W @ 2.7k approx

or my suggestion if u can spend go for corsair Vx450W @ 3.2k

and higher wattage comes for higher price ....

online shopes -

1.*www.lynx-india.com/

2.*theitwares.com/

3.*techshop.in/

don't go on the website of the first two ...but they are the best u can get in india and they are credible many people in our forum can vouch for them as they have bought stuff from there ....

just look for the stuff u get cheaper on whichever site ...they are good !

@imgame:
yea i can ...but config in siggy is out now i think ... but still ..its not bad untill i find something good. thnx for the suggestion ..

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
thanks again guys...really helpful!
btw im not clear with the PSU.
i just need one 500W PSU for my whole system right?
what is Front Side Bus?and does these online shoppers provide warranty?
and what about the coolers?should i get another FAN for my GFX card or processor?

tq

imgame2

Padawan
thanks again guys...really helpful!
btw im not clear with the PSU.
i just need one 500W PSU for my whole system right?
what is Front Side Bus?and does these online shoppers provide warranty?
and what about the coolers?should i get another FAN for my GFX card or processor?

tq

yes u need just one PSU ...and this one is good enough for u ! look here

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

...well u already have a PSU in the comp ..but when it comes to GFX card ..they need costant power ..hence u need a better PSU which can provide u that ...:)

what do u want to know about FSB ? its front side bus !

well they do say provide warranty and the first two (itwares and lynx ) are good as i said before ..they are credible ..and yes they provide warranty ...u will have to ask them how they provide it ...at max if any problem comes u can send them back ....and get ur RMA ..

i think u will not need any aftermarket cooler if u are not overclocking ...the Stock fan is more than enough ...

for palit HD4850 again i don't think u will need another cooler or fan ...even if u overclock it ...atleast i don't need it ...

and other coolers u might need if u want to pull down ur system temperatures ...but i don't think u will need them ....

For the PSU thing ... U should opt for Corsair VX450 for about 3.2 k and its the BEST in this range. It will be enuf for a Single Card Setup.
U can avail warranty for the stuff bought from online shops at their respective Service Centers. (i mean if u buy a palit card .. u can take it to a palit service center in case of any mishap.)

Front Side Bus of FSB (as commonly known) is the Data Bus on the motherboard through which different components communicate with each other. (u can imagine it as Roads in a city which connect traffic from various parts of the city to each other...but here DATA is the traffic) . So faster the FSB, faster the data travels b/w various components (like from RAM to Proccessor etc) .

If u dnt plan to overclock ur setup ..then u dont need aftermarket coolers for ur Gfx card or porccessor. But u can additional Cabinet Fans to improve airflow in the Cabniet.

Hope it helps.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
thanks again....
so this is what ive decided on..
Palit HD 4850 512MB DDR3 256Bit 9750

MSI P45 Neo-F Intel® P45 Chipset 1333 FSB 5850
Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz(8MB L2 cache 2.4Ghz 1066MHz FSB) 8900
(G0 Stepping Guaranteed)

Transcend DDR 2 2 GB 800 Mhz 1900
Samsung LCD 19 '' 943NWX 9600
CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR Extreme Power 500W 2850

how is it?now can you help me out with a case?i believe i wont need a hi-end one.

imgame2

Padawan
thanks again....

(G0 Stepping Guaranteed)

how is it?now can you help me out with a case?i believe i wont need a hi-end one.

its cool but i think u should consider buying dell 19" LCD ...for 9.7k ...it has DVI port which is absent in 943NWX ..can buy it from dell website ...but i would say buy it from local dealer will give u good price ...and dell LCD's are best out there ...with absolutely amazing service support ..they can replace full monitor if there is single dead pixel ...(called panel warranty ) ..now thats what i call warranty ...

whats ur budget for cabby ....and why are u not considering Corsair Vx450 as PSU ...?? @3.2k ...???

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
thanks again....

(G0 Stepping Guaranteed)

If you want a gaming PC, I suggest you opt. for a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 rather then a Q6600 as gaming is better with higher frequencies. The two additional cores wont help you much in gaming. But if you want your PC for abusive multi-tasking then Q6600 will be a better option.

I also suggest you go for the Dell's 198wfp 19" LCD as it performs better than the Samsung's and costs the same money.

BTW, which UPS are you using ?? If you dont have a sine wave UPS then the Corsair PSU will compatibility issues. But well, you can run your PC without a UPS (like I do) if you dont get frequent power-cuts and then the Corsair's PSU will run just fine.
But, if you want to run your PC with a UPS then do tell us which UPS you are using. If it aint a sine wave one than stick to CM EP 500W

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
hmm...Dell 198wfp...ill check the price at my store.how are the ones from AOC?

and since im reaching my budget limit i was wondering if id get a good case for around 2000rs!i was thinking of Zebronics Antibiotic.
and i considered CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR because its a bit cheaper and its 5ooW.isnt it a good choice?

i have a Numeric Digital 600 Plus UPS.
and the reason i chose Quad Core is that my primary use is of software's such as PS,3dsMZ and Maya.i am an amateur Multimedia and Graphics developer.and then comes Gaming.

tq

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hmm...Dell 198wfp...ill check the price at my store.how are the ones from AOC?

and since im reaching my budget limit i was wondering if id get a good case for around 2000rs!i was thinking of Zebronics Antibiotic.
and i considered CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR because its a bit cheaper and its 5ooW.isnt it a good choice?

i have a Numeric Digital 600 Plus UPS.
and the reason i chose Quad Core is that my primary use is of software's such as PS,3dsMZ and Maya.i am an amateur Multimedia and Graphics developer.and then comes Gaming.

tq

Q6600 seems a beeter choice.

RS-500-PCAR is a very good PSU...... stick with it as your UPS aint a sine wave one :(.

Go for the CoolerMaster Elite 330 cabinet for around 1200/- ....... just look at pics of that cabinet and you will surely buy it. Awesome performance and killer looks at a terrific price.

Whatever you do, get the Dell ones. AOC makes mediocore LCDs..... nothing great.

All in all, the PSU is good...... go for CM Elite 330 cabby ........Dell will be the choice for LCD.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
btw any idea whats the diff bet Dell SE198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor and E198WFP 19" Widescreen ?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
btw any idea whats the diff bet Dell SE198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor and E198WFP 19" Widescreen ?

I dunno the exact difference but SE has some Ultra-Sharp technology and stuff like that and is more expensive than the other one..... better stick with the cheaper one coz the performance difference is hardly visible unless you keep both the monitor side-by-side.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I would definitely suggest you change the PSU. Corsair VX450W is the best and way better than CM 500W. :)

Also if you have a little extra budget to spare change the RAM from Transcend to Corsair, GSkill or OCZ. :)

Dont ever go for Zebronics Cabby!!! They are pathetic!!! I am stuck with one... My Mobo doesnt fit the Cabinet, the f*&!ing screws that came along with the Cabby are too small!!! So i have to keep the CPU lying on the ground on one side!!!!

Also Q6600 is good but almost becoming obsolete!!! Q9450 is a better choice in Quads. And E8500 or E8400 is the best you can go for in Dual Cores!! But i think Q9450 may sctrech your budget!! :(

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I would definitely suggest you change the PSU. Corsair VX450W is the best and way better than CM 500W. :)

Also if you have a little extra budget to spare change the RAM from Transcend to Corsair, GSkill or OCZ. :)

Dont ever go for Zebronics Cabby!!! They are pathetic!!! I am stuck with one... My Mobo doesnt fit the Cabinet, the f*&!ing screws that came along with the Cabby are too small!!! So i have to keep the CPU lying on the ground on one side!!!!

Also Q6600 is good but almost becoming obsolete!!! Q9450 is a better choice in Quads. And E8500 or E8400 is the best you can go for in Dual Cores!! But i think Q9450 may sctrech your budget!! :(

I would definitely suggest you change the PSU. Corsair VX450W is the best and way better than CM 500W.
-->> I agree that it performs better but atleast read my previous posts and understand the reasons why I suggested him to go for the CM EP 500W in place of Corsair.

Also if you have a little extra budget to spare change the RAM from Transcend to Corsair, GSkill or OCZ.
-->> The difference will be hardly visible in a mid range grafic designing/gaming PC. Its more visible in enthusiast level PCs instead. But no doubt Corsair, OCZ, GSkill RAM's performance....... absolutely top-notch.

-->> Which Zebronics cabby you have ?? AFAIK there are some really good budget cabinet models available from Zebronics. Ever saw Zebronics Bijli, Krissh and Antibiotic cabbys ?? They are really good. But yes, there are some models which are complete bull-sh1t.

Also Q6600 is good but almost becoming obsolete!!! Q9450 is a better choice in Quads. And E8500 or E8400 is the best you can go for in Dual Cores!! But i think Q9450 may sctrech your budget!!

-->> Correct!!!

@RMN

Go for the CoolerMaster Elite 330 cabinet as suggested before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom