My New Comp Prices - Hope I'm not getting fleeced

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandexemplar

Broken In
Hi Everybody,

I'm going to buy my 2nd assembled rig from Nehru Place sometime early next week... Am listing out the configuration and the prices quoted by the comp guy. Guys, pls have a look and give me your feedback.

01. Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600: 10400/-
02. Motherboard - ASUS P5N32 E-SLI (nForce 680i SLI): 13400/-
03. Memory - Transcend 2X 1GB DDR2 667 MHz: 3600/-
04. VGA - XFX GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDR3: 18800/-
05. HDD - Seagate 320GB SATA: 3750/-
06. Soundcard - Creative Audigy 4 Pro: 12900/-
07. Display - Viewsonic 912WB 19': 12000/-
08. Speakers - Logitech X-530: 5500/-
09. Input - Logitech™ G1 Optical Mouse & K'Board Combo: 1650/-
10. Optical Drive 1 - LiteOn AllWrite 20x DVD Writer: 1800/-
11. Optical Drive 2 - Sony DVD/CD-RW Combo: 1200/-
12. Cabinet - Zebronics (Forgotten the model): 1600/-

Hope I'm not getting fleeced.

p.s. Any recommendations of dealers whom I can approach for better prices?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
try computer empire, the shop will be overflowing with customers but thats bec he has the best rates.

why not go in for 800mhz ram, everything else is high end, get the best in ram too.

unless u're an audiophile and carefullly follow every note of a song u hear, a sound card is unnecessarry since all modern mobos have pretty gud onboard sound solutions

OP
grandexemplar

grandexemplar

Broken In
xbonez said:
try computer empire, the shop will be overflowing with customers but thats bec he has the best rates.

why not go in for 800mhz ram, everything else is high end, get the best in ram too.

unless u're an audiophile and carefullly follow every note of a song u hear, a sound card is unnecessarry since all modern mobos have pretty gud onboard sound solutions

Firstly thanks... Ok, to start with, I already have the SB Audigy platinum soundcard installed in my current rig. Plus I do use Sound Editing Applications regularly. Also, how much would 2 x 1GB 800mhz RAM cost me?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Actually, go for something better than 800MHz too if you can. You are getting a really good processor/mobo combination and a pair of really good memory modules would definitely fit in. You could overclock it to a real good extent. Only prob is, such RAM modules are not easily available here in India. You may have to source it from abroad...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
When Spending so much, spend some money on better RAM, go for Crossire and also buy a good PSU !!!!

:)

other wise prices are more or less same and quite good config :D

OP
grandexemplar

grandexemplar

Broken In
Hey... A round of thanks to everyone for their inputs! Guys, I'm really breaking the bank to get this much... as it is! Ok... I'm skeptical that the 450W PSU bundled with the Zebronics cabinet would be enough. Should I go in for a 500W or 600W PSU and, more importantly, what's the best value-for-money option that I can go for!?! Thanks again...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^with a card like 8800GTS hell yeah.Try & go in for either Powersafe or VIP 600Watts PSU.The coolermaster ones are excellent choice but heavy on pocket too.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well as per me i suggest go for Cooler Master & u can have it from SMC Computers( Cooler Master Dealer, India) or else u can also ask it from Computer Empire guys they will also get it for u.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
My suggestions:

1. Go in for 2 250 GB HDDs in RAID0 (Seagate 7200.10 series with 16 MB buffer) for better performance.
2. SLI? Are you planning to use it? You already have a powerful enough Graphics card. Instead go in for a cheaper motherboard.
3. As said earlier go in for DDR2 800 RAM.
4. It doesn't make sense if you buy low end speaker and a costly soundcard. The default one provided with most high end motherboards is good enough. Instead invest in the 8800 GTS 640 MB GPU for better performance and larger RAM.
5. Do you need the 2nd DVD Combo drive? If you need a second drive go for a similar(to the first one) DVD RW drive.
6. Benq 19'' widescreen has got better reviews than the Viewsonic model and its cheaper too.

OP
grandexemplar

grandexemplar

Broken In
morpheusv6 said:
My suggestions:

1. Go in for 2 250 GB HDDs in RAID0 (Seagate 7200.10 series with 16 MB buffer) for better performance.
2. SLI? Are you planning to use it? You already have a powerful enough Graphics card. Instead go in for a cheaper motherboard.
3. As said earlier go in for DDR2 800 RAM.
4. It doesn't make sense if you buy low end speaker and a costly soundcard. The default one provided with most high end motherboards is good enough. Instead invest in the 8800 GTS 640 MB GPU for better performance and larger RAM.
5. Do you need the 2nd DVD Combo drive? If you need a second drive go for a similar(to the first one) DVD RW drive.
6. Benq 19'' widescreen has got better reviews than the Viewsonic model and its cheaper too.

Ok, here goes (hope my foot doesn't end up in my mouth)...

* Yup, am going to complete the SLI setup within 2 months.
* I use Adobe Audition and Sony's ACID Pro & Sound Forge extensively - hence the Audigy 4. Would the onboard soundcard on the P5N32 be good enough?
* Were you referring to the Benq FP91G+ monitor? If so, what is its price in Delhi?
* Co-sign on the Optical drives and the RAM. Am upping the RAM to 800Mhz and getting identical DVD-Writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom