My HDD is heating above 50 deg cel.Do i need to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
*xs73.xs.to/pics/06123/asdfsdffd.JPG

My HDD is heating above 50 deg cel..........sometimes it even reaches to 57 deg cel . .Do i need to worry? pls help

theraven

Technomancer
put ur mouse over the red bar where it says 50 degrees
it'll show u max temp of ur hdd ...

anyways since its in red. . im assuming its serious ...
i JUST installed hdd life myself so got to know some of its features ;)

well anyways to the topic .. yeah .. get an hdd cooler / strategically place a fan near ur hdd

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
after how much usage/data transfer ur getting this temp.?
because my HDD went above 50 just once when the transfer was close to 200GB,but after that it receded..and it stays in 40-45 range

@pradeep...man all of my PSU output cable are consumed by 2 optical drives,systrem fan,HDD etc.
any workaround for installing HDD cooler???

::vicky::

In the zone
open ur cabinet if possible work in a room where a/c is or atleast buy a small fan so that it can keep ur hd cool

well i idid one funny thing i applied the processors compound on hdd i mean on top of it not on circuits
and to my surprise earlier it had 35 c but after the temp was not more than 27 c

try it be careful not to aply on the seagate sticker or u will damage ur warranty

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
just one thing
how this software mesures the temp of HDD
i mean where r the sensors for HDD located
and why the HDD manufactures are not providing these knida utlites
i mean every mother board manu is providing the same with there MB
i also D/L demo of this software but coudnt understand the working
my MB has seonsors (OI 865GBF and ita utility) but where are the sensors of HDD are located as samsung website is nt providing any information in this matter

G

gxsaurav

The sensor is in the ATA chipset of the harddisk, My HD stays at 36~40C in summer, & in really highusage, like copying files, DV copying it reaches 42~43, but never over 45

janitha

Wise Old Owl
grinning_devil said:
after how much usage/data transfer ur getting this temp.?
because my HDD went above 50 just once when the transfer was close to 200GB,but after that it receded..and it stays in 40-45 range

@pradeep...man all of my PSU output cable are consumed by 2 optical drives,systrem fan,HDD etc.
any workaround for installing HDD cooler???
I think you mean power supply to the cooler. If so, why not use a simple splitter, which is cheap.

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
::vicky:: said:
open ur cabinet if possible work in a room where a/c is or atleast buy a small fan so that it can keep ur hd cool

well i idid one funny thing i applied the processors compound on hdd i mean on top of it not on circuits
and to my surprise earlier it had 35 c but after the temp was not more than 27 c

try it be careful not to aply on the seagate sticker or u will damage ur warranty
If it is correct, then the age of miracles is not over.
Somebody may explain how the thermal paste which is meant to transfer heat from one metallic surface to another can do such wonders to a HDD.

V.Prem Kmar

::vicky::

In the zone
@grinning_devil it is still sticky not dried

and to all u people i dont know whether it is miracle or wht it is working for i guess i i discovered something new

hi hi hi

have fun brothers

janitha

Wise Old Owl
::vicky:: said:
@grinning_devil it is still sticky not dried

and to all u people i dont know whether it is miracle or wht it is working for i guess i i discovered something new

hi hi hi

have fun brothers

Why not we forum members make a nomination for Nobel price?(':D')

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
well my seagate sata 160GB temp is around 44 degrees.
when i installed another system fan it dropped to 40 degrees.
so try installing another fan and c if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom