Not open for further replies.

Mayur

Broken In
My Hard disk got a bad cluster it is a Seagate 160GB SATA

98’s scandisk shows a single ‘B’
See the snapshot showing bad cluster if needed
It is still in warranty,I got it some months ago
I got it from Lamington road as I don’t live in Mumbai I need to go to Mumbai
So it is no point going to Mumbai unless there is any possibility of replacement
So could I Get a replacement.
I knew some who got replacement due to bad sectors.

Do bad sectors increase if I leave partition unused (I have deleted the partition and I hadn’t formatted it)

Cool Surfer

Broken In
Move the bad sector to a partition that you wont be using.

Thought the best safest way is to replace ur disk.
Sooner or later it is gonna cause data loss.

magnet

Youngling
mayur......where do u stay???its not necessary togoto lamington road...also ifu go they wont take the disc........u have to goto seagate service in your area.........
drive bought in india supported by segate.........and yup also comp bought frm showroom...like branded and all..are directly suported frm that shop..segate wont take those disc.....

seagate toll free number 16001801104

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
Yeh! I asked tollfree number 18001801104
They said they do not have service center in my city
I just want to knok now WHAT ARE CHANCES OF REPLACEMENT

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
u will sure get replaced hard disk............
My sis hard disk(samsung) had also got sm bad sector,so i went to samsung service centre n they examined it and than replaced.This was all done within 1 hr.

thanx samsung service centre.

ranjikvp

Broken In
the new hdd's come with a 5year warranty so you can get it replaced at any segate service center

magnet

Youngling
arra i jus gave my 120gb hdd...for replacement..u wont b asked any questions.........jus courier the drive or go to seagate site and there guys will come to take it(i guess) but u will have to pay them for shipping stuffs.........

but make sure before giving thedisk.....completely erase thefiles frm hdd..so no personal information goes in worong hand......

OP
M

Mayur

Broken In
magnet said:
arra i jus gave my 120gb hdd...for replacement..u wont b asked any questions.........jus courier the drive or go to seagate site and there guys will come to take it(i guess) but u will have to pay them for shipping stuffs.........

but make sure before giving thedisk.....completely erase thefiles frm hdd..so no personal information goes in worong hand......

shipping stuffs.........??????????
Anyways I will surly erase all data Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom