My GPU Dying Or What?Huh?

PHOENiX7

Broken In
hey all,here is my problem,
got a gtx 650ti 2gb last year which was defective and so the guy at the shop replaced it with 650ti boost 1gb,

i have used this card for around 8 months now, but i noticed it gets really dusty and and some screws or whatever got kind of rusted.can i remove rusted screws and place newe ones? is it safe to keep rusted screws inside?

At last,just a side question,can i open the 4 screws at the back and open my gpu to clean it?and do you get any kind of cover for the back side of gpu?:mrgreen:

doomgiver

Warframe
HELL NO. dont open up anything in your GPU unless you KNOW what it does. Rust does not matter on screws, since they arent moving.

back side of GPU should be open, for air circulation.

IF you REALLY wanna clean it, take a soft camel/painting brush and lightly brush off the dust. in severe cases, use rubbing alcohol (NOT NORMAL ONE) with a soft cotton cloth to remove grime/stubborn dust.

OP
P

PHOENiX7

Broken In
HELL NO. dont open up anything in your GPU unless you KNOW what it does. Rust does not matter on screws, since they arent moving.

back side of GPU should be open, for air circulation.

IF you REALLY wanna clean it, take a soft camel/painting brush and lightly brush off the dust. in severe cases, use rubbing alcohol (NOT NORMAL ONE) with a soft cotton cloth to remove grime/stubborn dust.

well,i took a small brush dipped in tiny water to clean my gpu,looks fine now,and i wont replace the screws,

Nerevarine

Incarnate
very true, never use water for cleaning electronics.. even if it dries, the mineral deposition at certain parts can short circuit PCBs..
Next time, use a thin nosed air blower..
cheers

OP
P

PHOENiX7

Broken In
water = bad..... i really hope you completely dried the card before using.

Yep I dried it, and I used just very litttle water

And yes I removed those rusted screws replacing them one by one with new ones,lol it actually looks new now

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yep I dried it, and I used just very litttle water

And yes I removed those rusted screws replacing them one by one with new ones,lol it actually looks new now

good job! we always use water to clean our mobos, cpus, mobiles. it works expecially well if you dunk them in a bucket full of water. works even better if the water is not clean.

doomgiver

Warframe
this is the PERFECT facedesk thread. OP asks for help, ignores it and does as he pleases. GG.
this one is going into my archives.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You may use
- A thin nosed air blower
- A dry brush to clean the insides
- Pure alcohol with cotton (its non conductive and dries very quickly)

why do you even consider using water :lol::lol:

Top Bottom