My gaming-keyboard quest...pls assist !

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^ i think that is the non backlit version

No its with backlit...
Check this review

Its full-feature keyboard at low price.
Specification of Steelseries Merc.
1)Illumination: Perfect for gaming in the dark - Astounding three color illumination in RED, BLUE and PURPLE - Choose your level of brightness (Subtle, Ambient, Intense, Off) - Illuminated characters on every key Dedicated Gaming 2)Terrain: Amazing touch and response for hours of comfortable gaming - Rubberized movement keys for superior response - Tilted 11 degrees to match natural wrist position - 34 gaming keys labeled and positioned for ultimate precision and control - Simultaneous key stroke response - no need to worry about phantom keys in the heat of the battle Z Engine Software: Industry leading software allows gamers to easily customize every gaming experience - Programmable with easy-to-use drag-and-drop macro editing - Over 125 pre-defined key mapping layouts Control 3)Center: Rule all your PC gaming peripherals from one hub - Two USB 2.0 ports to plug in mice and other peripherals - Gold plated audio jacks for headsets and microphones - Multimedia controls for in and out of game use

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Flipkart.com: Steel Series Siberia Keyboard Merc Stealth Black: Keyboard

I think Merc Stealth is the backlit verion and Merc is the non backlit.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I think I should add something about that steel series keyboard. It have a separate gamepad so if you get used to this keyboard then out would be hard for you to move to other keyboard while with other keyboard this is not a problem at all.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well, if you consider local market you will see some other shops in Ganesh avenue will sell that keyboard at about same price tag quoted by MD. Its competition. ;)
We should not compare online prices with the prices in local market. Shall we?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^Here i am talking about online price mate...MD computers has also online store to serve whole India.BTW. MD COMPUTERS is the official distributer Of Steelseies brand in Kolkata...

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi all,

sorry to leave you out discussing here while i went away for some shopping in the meanwhile...have ordered a hell lot of stuff :grin: received some of them, awaiting delivery of others :smile:

regarding the KB, MD computers doesnt have merc stealth in stock. i had checked with them sometime back. available only on order @ 5200/- + taxes. also checked with faxtel, the national distributor of steelseries products. not readily available. price 5.2k.

then one of my friends pointed to me a listing of the KB on bigadda.com (known for its crappy delivery system, but ofcourse i didnt knew about this at the time of ordering. too excited !) deal was very sweet. placed order for ~4.25k. now awaiting delivery with fingers crossed :)

@ gameranand

i made a choice for this KB (G510 available absolutely nowhere) esp due to its bright backlighting & separate gaming keys. after a long time of gaming on consoles, i was finding the W, A, S, D and other keys a lil difficult to adjust to, and found that this dedicated key-set for FPSes might be a saviour for me ! lets see...

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi all,

sorry to leave you out discussing here while i went away for some shopping in the meanwhile...have ordered a hell lot of stuff :grin: received some of them, awaiting delivery of others :smile:

regarding the KB, MD computers doesnt have merc stealth in stock. i had checked with them sometime back. available only on order @ 5200/- + taxes. also checked with faxtel, the national distributor of steelseries products. not readily available. price 5.2k.

then one of my friends pointed to me a listing of the KB on bigadda.com (known for its crappy delivery system, but ofcourse i didnt knew about this at the time of ordering. too excited !) deal was very sweet. placed order for ~4.25k. now awaiting delivery with fingers crossed :)

@ gameranand

i made a choice for this KB (G510 available absolutely nowhere) esp due to its bright backlighting & separate gaming keys. after a long time of gaming on consoles, i was finding the W, A, S, D and other keys a lil difficult to adjust to, and found that this dedicated key-set for FPSes might be a saviour for me ! lets see...

But G510 is available on Letsbuy and is in stock:

Buy Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
But G510 is available on Letsbuy and is in stock:

Buy Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

they updated their website on saturday (it was down for some time in the morning/noon that day). must've refreshed their stocks. even DA black edition went out of stock a while after i placed my order (thankfully i received it just 2 days back), and the G110 & G510 were both out of stock when i was to place my order. nevermind. i am having some issue regarding my paid amount being blocked at ICICI gateway on bigadda. if it gets resolved, good. if not, am gonna grab this G510 at the earliest :)

Top Bottom