My gaming-keyboard quest...pls assist !

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi,

i hope all digitians are in sound health ! well, i needed a gaming KB to almost complete my gaming-rig set-up. budget is about 3.5k. following are the requirements :

1. should've backlighting....orange/red colour strongly preferred.
2. exclusively to be used for gaming, so issues like noisiness, press quality, etc not considered.

so that leaves out the following :

1. logitech G15 V2 --- INR 4200 (NO-NO)
2. steelseries merc (w/ backlighting) --- INR 4200 (NO-NO)
3. razer lycosa --- read about some issues with it + INR 3800 (NO-NO)
4. razer arctosa/cyclosa --- no backlighting (NO-NO)
5. sidewinder X6 --- read has some ghosting + large design + INR 4000 (NO-NO)

now am left with :

1. MS sidewinder X4 --- INR ~2k + backlighting (red/orange) + anti-ghosting tech + good reviews (YES-YES)
2. logitech G110 --- INR 3.2k + 3 modes of backlighting + good reviews + USB ports + audio/mic jack (YES-YES)
3. belkin nostromo N52 --- considered only because getting it in an offer for a price of INR 1.5k

upon some research, i finally settled for MS sidewinder X4, but alas ! available nowhere at lamington, nor online ! pls pls, could some one provide a pointer to where i could get one ?! sellers at lamington said the product's been discontinued (i guess that's lame to say ?!)

secondly, am an FPS-junkie...no RTS/MMORPG, etc for me...would nostromo serve me well, or rather, would i be able to handle it ? i read that its better for playing RTS/RPG than FPSes...moreover, i got an X360 too and can use its wireless controller to play my FPSes on the PC too (failed to get it connected and recognised on my PC is a different matter)...am good at taking headshots without 'auto-aim' enabled on consoles in FPSes, so no worry for me :))

kindly suggest, esp on :

1. where can i get sidewinder X4 ?
2. is nostromo worth an FPS experience ?

thanks a lot for your patience.

regards

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
sigh, ishu you gave me a jolt of excitement, but alas ! its out of stock...written in small in the right corner of the listing.....damn man :(

thanks

aniket.cain

Padawan
What about this site:

Buy Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard in India Online for Rs.2,193 as on 23rd August 2011 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
What about this site:

Buy Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard in India Online for Rs.2,193 as on 23rd August 2011 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

i was looking for that keyboard but everywhere it is out of stock is that site reliable ??

How is logitech G510

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
How is logitech G510

I also asked the same question in a separate thread.
The only thing that is going against G110 is its lack of support for all LED colors, which is available in G510.

P.S. G510 is available @ 4430/- at flipkart. (out of stock atm)

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ aniket

thanks a ton aniket !! i will definitely contact this site...

@ mithun

G510 is a very nice KB IMO...check out the review here :

Logitech G110 vs G510 Comparison - YouTube

but decide your usage first...if you are all for the bling-bling (various combinations of backlight-colours), are into MMORPG stuff, are REALLY gonna use the LCD on the KB, and above all, can esily accomodate it in your budget, then definitely go for it !

@ d6bmg

am afraid i couldnt get what you meant by 'lack of support for all LED colours'...did you mean that G110 supports only three colours (red, blue, purple), while G510 supports all RGB combos ?!

as for me, i only need a red backlighting, since that in a way goes along with my cabinet lighting...

and yes, you might get it at SMC...check this :

*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...egory_id=152&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=465

gameranand

Living to Play
Logitech G510 is really good IMO. LCD, 18 extra buttons for customization and all that. Its really good I would prefer it above all else.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
IF you don't find x4 anywhere then the next option will be logitech G110.

yes exactly ! this is next on my list...but a relieving news is that, one of my friends (who also needs an X4) talked to some dealer known to him, and the dealer said he most probably will be able to procure the KB within 3-4 days !

needless to say, am excited :grin:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
yes exactly ! this is next on my list...but a relieving news is that, one of my friends (who also needs an X4) talked to some dealer known to him, and the dealer said he most probably will be able to procure the KB within 3-4 days !

needless to say, am excited :grin:

Good luck dude!!

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hey all, that 'dealer' thingy i was talking of conked off...lol....but buytheprice.com says the KB is in stock with them...any word on how's the store ? is based in hyderabad...

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
oh thanks ! i have read about MD computers somewhere else too...surely will contact them.

also, i found homeshop18 in possession of the stock, though at a bit higher price than buytheprice.com

Microsoft JQD-00016 Sidewinder X4 Keyboard . Buy Best Microsoft JQD-00016 Sidewinder X4 Keyboard at Lowest Price Online

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yeah today MD Computer,Kolkata also told me that price hiked for new series of Microsoft X4 Sidewinder@2.5K .If you take my suggestion, then opt for Logitech G110@3.3K.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yeah today MD Computer,Kolkata also told me that price hiked for new series of Microsoft X4 Sidewinder@2.5K .If you take my suggestion, then opt for Logitech G110@3.3K.

Then considering the price, G110 is the KB which OP should opt for.

Top Bottom