my first setup :problem

bestpain

good advicer
this is my first built...whenever i power on my ups then all the usb port and keyboard power up without turning on my power button of case.
currently my case cover is open and i use to power on my cpu using a screwdriver touch....

also i want to know is there any ide to sata converter for optical drive ...

during cpu fan installation i did something wrong ..so i had to remove and again install cpu fan....will there be any problem with thermal paste?

this is my first built...whenever i power on my ups then all the usb port and keyboard power up without turning on my power button of case.

This looks normal. All computers in my college do the same thing.

during cpu fan installation i did something wrong ..so i had to remove and again install cpu fan....will there be any problem with thermal paste?

Of course thire will be problem. You will have re-apply the TIM.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer

This looks normal. All computers in my college do the same thing.

Of course thire will be problem. You will have re-apply the TIM.

its a new processor ...i don't likee to apply t.p ...btw the temperature is under 40 at no load

also removing cpu fan and 24pin power from psu is also causing problem ...its too tight...so i left it

also removing cpu fan and 24pin power from psu is also causing problem ...its too tight...so i left it

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Did the new processor's heatsink have a layer of Thermal Paste?
No I don't think you will need to reapply just for opening once (although it will be good if you can)

And you can't leave any connections open just because it's tight or anything.

its a new processor ...i don't likee to apply t.p ...btw the temperature is under 40 at no load

Then you may continue with the current paste and re-apply when some thermal problems occur :twisted: Air gets trapped inside the paste if you remove the HS and fix it with the old paste.

Things are always tight when they are brand new :D

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Things are always tight when they are brand new :D
That's why i say : don't use heavily, use conservatively.
If you know what i mean :meditate: :lol:

@op do one thing clear BIOS(If you don't know just remove the button like battery inside wait 10secs & reinsert). What i have seen is this generally occurs when CMOS battery is near dead.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
That's why i say : don't use heavily, use conservatively.
If you know what i mean :meditate: :lol:

@op do one thing clear BIOS(If you don't know just remove the button like battery inside wait 10secs & reinsert). What i have seen is this generally occurs when CMOS battery is near dead.
But the PC is new.
Temps are normal. Do a test under full load and post here.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
what kind of test....dont know what is happening a i am not able to install anything like software always some error ....

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
Are you not able to install OS?......

ya windows 7 was installed...i dont have optical drive so via usb

Can you elaborate? What error? Which softwares?

just now max payne 3 ran very well,in crysis2 and asssains 3 got error"application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b"
while opening rar files error comes that file is corrupt,but opens in another pc.
error in 3d mark 11.something missing
currently using 80 gb sata 3,7200 rpm...c drive is ntfs

ya windows 7 was installed...i dont have optical drive so via usb

just now max payne 3 ran very well,in crysis2 and asssains 3 got error"application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b"
while opening rar files error comes that file is corrupt,but opens in another pc.
error in 3d mark 11.something missing
currently using 80 gb sata 3,7200 rpm...c drive is ntfs
Did you mess with registry/system files? Try system restore to restore to a time prior to when problems started occurring or if possible, do a CLEAN install of Win7 again.

Krishna

Broken In
have you connected POWER BUTTON LED wires of your case to your mobo?? There may be a problem

Last edited:
Top Bottom