Wow awsem support guys
That so called laptop 'Techie' :facepalm:

Wow awsem support guys
That so called laptop 'Techie' :facepalm:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
yeee!!!
at last its up and running!!
it was a simple cmos issue!! (really stupid of me)
thanks a ton to swiftshashi for the awesome support!!!
am relieved and soooo happy!!!!
and all dv6 haters please dont hate us so much!!
peace!!

The pleasure is all mine.Yours was one of the earliest dv6,which in turn inspired me to confidently place an order for the same,So when your lappy was in trouble,I had to help you by all means...!!!:high5:

congrats man... i have a 1.6 yr old compaq laptop which is dead as well and hp said its a mobo issue!! i had already got it replaced once and didnt want to spend another 13k for it... any video tutorial for noobs like us will be really helpful... damn i wish you guys were in mumbai to help me out... @swiftshashi your help will be appreciated in bringing the dead alive :)

I would love to,but tell me whether its completely dead,or does it show any movement??Movement in this case refers to any blinking LEDs,or any other symptoms??:-D

samudragupta

Youngling
The pleasure is all mine.Yours was one of the earliest dv6,which in turn inspired me to confidently place an order for the same,So when your lappy was in trouble,I had to help you by all means...!!!:high5:

I would love to,but tell me whether its completely dead,or does it show any movement??Movement in this case refers to any blinking LEDs,or any other symptoms??:-D
AAhh!! its being lying around for over a year... i will check it tomorrow and let you know... i have also ordered a laptop tool kit to play around with the compaq corpse :) of course with your help indeed...

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Hey..
upped my system ram to 8 gigs :D
installed this one : Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com
No major diff in performance tho....but the mental satisfaction is unparallelled :D ;)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Hey..
upped my system ram to 8 gigs :D
installed this one : Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com
No major diff in performance tho....but the mental satisfaction is unparallelled :D ;)

Nah! you can extract greater performance by using RAM Disk..
there are some softwares available for the same..
Never used anything like that tho.. (always miserable over RAM; 2gig on desk & 4 on Lappy :-( )

Top Bottom