my documents gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

niku_19jan

Broken In
i was finding winsetup.dll using explorer n accidently moved my documents to favorites n now when i open my computer the mydocuments is gone ...so plz help me in getting it back...
*img337.imageshack.us/img337/4845/clipboard01ra6.jpg

shantanu

Technomancer
This happens after some sort of registry corruption... have you ever backed up the registry...

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
try this ..............
add this registry key....
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}]
@=""

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
>Start
>Run
>Regedit
>Propagate to :
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Explorer / DocFolderPaths
>Add a new string value
Value Name sholud be User Name
Value Data should be the path to your documents folder
Exit registry editor
Log-off and log-in again
My Documents must be visible now.

anandk

Distinguished Member
first c if moving the mydocs folder back from favs to C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents helps; else this link *www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/windowsxp/articles/73/1/My-Documents-folder-missing-in-My-Computer will help u.

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
no shantanu bro i dont hav backup of my registry...
n i tried Kiran_tech_mania n anandk method but it didnt helped me...

shantanu

Technomancer
hey guys !! is it possible that due to some service stop this is happening... with niku_jain... i forgot but something related to it was there... plz think about it

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
hey hey it came back...thnks all of u..but i restarted my system 2 times it was not showing...but now its showing dnt knw hw??...
thnks to all of u

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
hey i want help...
my computer>tools>"folder option"

"folder option" gone......
i want back...
ok found the thread....

Last edited:

coolsunny

Journeyman
@ joey_182
i do think u wont find "RUN" window & "system restore". is it ??
did u open any "new folder.exe" file. ??

shantanu

Technomancer
save this text as a folder.reg file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoFolderOptions"=dword:0000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions]
"NoBrowserOptions"=dword:00000000

and after saving double click it... :D

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
@cool sunny..
no RUN and system restore are there..

but i shd tell u that wat has happened after solving the folder option problem....i got the very bad trojan...bitdefender failed to disinfect the file..and i was also not able to run any anti virus in safe mode and didnt found the virus..and in normal mode....when i start the pc it says issac.exe file is ccorrupted and many more files....and system will be shutdown in 60 seconds..
so i formatted the whole c drive and installed fresh piece of XP...that trojan was realy bad...i guess it came from torrent..coz i downloaded a movie...and file asked for password..and guess wat was the password...yes the trojan..i tell u how...
in .txt file which i downloaded with movie...this was written "ur password is to dash link..download the software and install it and the version of the software is ur password...."
i knew it is virus.....but i thought my big movie..let see wat it can do....and that software ****.....
but good thing is that my whole is data is safe even the movie coz before formatting i copied the content using safe mode.....and i watched the movie yesterday night...now i ll check for any hard disk damage....i hope it is safe...

shantanu

Technomancer
hey @joey did you tried the method i posted, i think you have BRONTOK WORM,,, try doenloading the kaspersky latest version and it will remove the virus, and for folder options, try what i said in my post

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
ya shantanu...folder option is now working...
and abt that virus..i discussed with u guys...for that i did the formating coz nothing was working....not even in safe mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom