My Desktop wont connect wirelessly to the router!

malay.keshav

Broken In
I just bought a D-Link PCI card for wireless Internet (DWA 525 , Wireless N 150 Desktop PCI adapter).
I installed the adapter and the driver on my PC, surfed the Internet for hours.
But the next day , when i tried connecting to my Router , it wouldnt connect. ("Windows is unable to connect to <SSID>")

Here are the things I have tried ::
1)I am able to connect to the same router , using my laptop and 2 wifi enabled mobile.
2)I tried changing the SSID , the encryption type (even keeping it open). Still couldnt connect.
3)Reset my router , and tried to connect with its default setting.
4)Tried connecting to a manually created adhoc connection via my laptop as well as my android device (Hotspot), and connected to them successfully.
5)Updated the firmware on my router and installed the latest driver for the adapter.
6)Tried connecting to the same by booting into Ubuntu.
7)Tried connecting using various wireless network connection softwares.

Wireless Adapter :: D-Link Wireless N 150 Desktop PCI Adapter
Router :: Netgear DGN1000 wireless router
Windows 7 64 Bit

Where is the problem!?
is it the router settings ?
or my PCI card ?

OP
M

malay.keshav

Broken In
A new weird Update..
I brought in a different router from my friend's place.Letes call this router 'B'.
And i already had my router , router 'A'.

So now my desktop with the PCI Card connects to router B , my mobile created hotspot and my laptop's adhoc network. But it wont connect to router 'A'. It connected to router 'A' just once , right at the beginning , as mentioned before.

Every other device in my house can connect to router 'A'

The router is a NETGEAR DGN1000.
am i entering some wrong settings ? :?

EDIT :: Even though it connects to router 'B' , the speed is really slow , in bytes
EDIT :: And it stops connecting after 5 mins. Just as with router 'A'. So i guess the problem is with the PCI Card. Found tons of such cases online. I guess D Link simply sucks :\

Last edited:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
try these go to controlpanel >network & sharing center>manage wireless networks-Remove all the entries there
close it go to device manager >remove ur wifi adapter & restart then on rebbot the adaapter will install automatically if possible also download & install the latest drivers from dlink site then try to connect

Top Bottom