My Computer hangs each time I open Computer Folder in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagepriest

Broken In
Each time I try to open the computer folder, in my vista it hangs, i have avg free version installed along with daemon tool virtual drive. I am just not able to find out what is the root of this problem.

After restarting the explorer.exe the problem is solved this happens everytime. Is explorer.exe corrupt please help

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
I Think Virus Has Attacked Your Computer....:hyper::hyper: You Should Buy Quick Heal Total security....Or Just Download security essentials Antivirus From Net For Free....And Must Run Tune Up Softwares Like ccleaner.....And Also Run Disk Defragmentation To Your Computer...!!:|:|:|

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
This seems to be a possible virus infection.
First of all, give your antivirus a test by downloading the EICAR antivirus Test File *www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm. This is a simple test file, which is intended to be detected as a virus by Antivirus Softwares.
May I suggest Avast Antivirus (Free Version). Have been using it for 4 years now and feel like it's very good. I use it along with the Microsoft Security Essentials for a bit added protection, but feel Avast is enough. Will not comment on others I've not used except McAfee, Norton and AVG Free (in my early days of computing), which are resource hogs. Avast has both free as well as paid versions, and is not very memory intensive, moreover you get daily updates if you're connected with the Internet.
Avast has a useful feature "Boot Time Scan", which will prompt you to run an antivirus scan during boot, which helps in detecting and deleting anti viruses before they run in the windows environment.

smithrick

Broken In
I suggest you to uninstall your demon tool software. I also face this kind of problems. And i uninstall the demon tool and then my system will work fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - did you make any recent changes in windows like registry, windows update etc. - even a new software install or a AV update can cause this to happen - boot into safe mode and see if you can open explorer from there - if yes restore windows to a previous date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom