My CDROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

[A]bu

Journeyman
my CDROM stops working when my pc's process will be 100%... what to do... the device manager shows no CD-ROM... and a thing that in any CD-rom there is written 52X but it is much lesser than we expect...
Any help for me

Binay 007

fff..fire fire...
[A]bu said:
my CDROM stops working when my pc's process will be 100%...
Any help for me

I can,t able to understand the above quote but i can suggest u to check urs drive cable before rebooting ,cable may be losed,last time same thing happening to my HD too & it was not detected.

shantanu

Technomancer
its possible that your CD drive cable is loose and or your SMPS is weak, just try to check the cable and try getting a greater watt power supply.. as when 100% usage is there, the system consumes more power and your pc is unable to give adequate power to the CDROM.. and you can also try to check if your system is infected by any virus or all system files are ok or not..

but main reason is power.. that i am sure about..

cynosure

UbuntuUser
[A]bu said:
and a thing that in any CD-rom there is written 52X but it is much lesser than we expect...
Any help for me

This all depends on the speed at which the CD was burned. Like if the CD was burned at 48x, then your ROM will read it at 48x only and not at 52x.

In some cases the speed of the ROM is preset at 40x.
So in those cases open the tray, load the CD and keep the button pressed for 7-8 seconds. This will activate the 52x read feature of the ROM.
But I think this feature is only in burners and not in ROMs. correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom