My Acer Aspire V3-551's Issues

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone.
:wave:

I have an Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop running on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I am unable to pair/connect my Android device with the said laptop via Bluetooth. I do not have another device with Bluetooth functionality to test with my laptop.

I have installed the drivers for Windows 7 (64-bit) from Acer UK's website (screenshot 1). In fact, I have installed both the Wireless LAN drivers (Atheros and Broadcom) shown in the attached image. The Bluetooth icon is displayed in the taskbar, but after choosing the Add a Device option there is no result (screenshot 2).
The Bluetooth on my Android device is set to Visible and the Visible time-out is set to Never time out.

I have also attached an image of the Device Manager window (screenshot 3).
:unsure:

I await your diagnostic expertise.
:smile:

Attachments

• screenshot 1.JPG
    screenshot 1.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 136
  • screenshot 2.JPG
    screenshot 2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 139
  • screenshot 3.JPG
    screenshot 3.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone.
:wave:

Do I need to explicitly install the Bluetooth drivers, although the Device Manager does not display any error? The Acer UK website does not list any driver(s) for Bluetooth but I did find them here, *www.odrivers.com/2012/05/acer...-7-64-bit.html

Also, how do I identify which driver is the correct one? If I do install both Bluetooth drivers (Atheros and Broadcom), would it cause any sort of conflict?

Thank you for being patient with me.
:ashamed:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced kinda simillar issue on win 8 .. what I did is disabled Bluetooth Devices Under Network Adapter ( Device Manager ) and Control Panel .. Netwrok Connection. Restarted pc .. and only after that I was able to par my cell phone and verey thing ( I mean which I disabled ) got re-enabled automatically.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
topgear, thank you very much for your response.
:smile:

I am using Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my laptop, and I am unsure if I should install Bluetooth drivers from the O Drivers website considering Acer UK's website does not explicitly provide Bluetooth drivers for Windows 7 for the Aspire V3-551.
:blink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you need to install any BT drivers from 3rd party websites though you may give it a try ... if it works, fine but if not you've nothing to loose. One more thing you can try is install any driver update app like DriverMax and scan for any driver updates and see if it can fix things up.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone, I humbly request the administrators/moderators to kindly change the name of this thread, perhaps to Acer Aspire V3-551 issues, or any relevant name they deem fit.
I have encountered a few additional issues with the said laptop I own, and hence would like to discuss them within this thread, rather than creating a separate one, and cluttering the forum.
:crazy:

There was a problem with Windows 7 Professional (x64) when previously installed, and so I decided to perform a clean installation. While attempting to do so, I encountered an error message, of which I have attached an image to this post.
After the operating system was successfully installed, I noticed the Backspace key does not function. Also, after the desktop loads, and I click on the Start button, the numerical 2 remains repeatedly keyed, on its own. I usually press the Enter key to make it stop. This happens after every reboot and fresh power on.
:blink:

Is it the hard disk drive which is acting up, or does the laptop have some other hardware problem?
I had purchased the laptop in England, and I am unsure if it carries International Traveller's Warranty (ITW) offered by Acer. I will enquire with Acer's India customer service in due time.

Hopefully, you all, the more experienced and sane people will shed some comprehensible light on this, for I am presently unable to think straight, as I am yet to come to accept the tragic demise of a dear friend.
:cryeyesout: :pray:

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
the numerical 2 remains repeatedly keyed, on its own.

I have seen the same problem in one of my friend's laptop, and he had to change his keyboard.

btw I suppose you've checked that the key is not stuck. But how does pressing enter solves the problem (repeating 2)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems like hdd may be dying.download hiren boot cd & then boot from it & use linux option.after booting into linux environment run hdd diagnostic utility(don't remember the name at the moment) & check S.M.A.R.T. values.btw if you can do this & your laptop does not crash then most likely it is hdd issue.for peace of mind though run memory diagnostics tools(included in hiren boot cd) for ~1 hour just to be sure to rule out ram error.

Top Bottom