[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
What about SBI ?
SBI International cards are joke, don't work on foreign currencies even if the website have VbV or 3d secure (Debit Card), and I got screwed when I actually use this card on USA atm, I don't why they calling International Cards when it doesn't even work in International ATMs

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i have OBC debit card, can i use it in google wallet ( i tried but it showed me "Invalid credit card." error though its debit card )
do i need to do something like activation or anything on this card because i haven't used it before and haven't changed anything ( just got it from bank and kept it hidden somewhere :D )

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
i have OBC debit card, can i use it in google wallet ( i tried but it showed me "Invalid credit card." error though its debit card )
do i need to do something like activation or anything on this card because i haven't used it before and haven't changed anything ( just got it from bank and kept it hidden somewhere :D )
is it a Maestro Card/ATM Card? if yes then it will not work.

sushovan

In the zone
I have got Axis bank Visa electron card this week. Any idea how do i activate it for international purchase?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Am bumpin this thread for little bit of info.

Bought some items on amazon.com which could be shipped by their amazonglobal services.

Of a total order of $233.24, I was charged $27.65 twice for only one item that was shipped(its cost came to $27.65 only incl shipping n customs), the other items are yet to ship(5 of them) and further charging is yet to be made.

But why the second charge of $27.65?

Amazon.com maintains that this is a credit card authorization charge and the money has actually not been debited, but put on hold and will be reimbursed back. But the amount still shows as deducted from my card balance even after 3 days.

My card is a mastercard credit card from Axis bank. Called up their CC, but they have no idea about it, and sent me a cc dispute form to fill after 15days if the charge is not reversed.

What is this ? Can Anybody help? What are my options?

$hadow

Geek in making

Bought some items on amazon.com which could be shipped by their amazonglobal services.

Of a total order of $233.24, I was charged $27.65 twice for only one item that was shipped(its cost came to $27.65 only incl shipping n customs), the other items are yet to ship(5 of them) and further charging is yet to be made.

Amazon.com maintains that this is a credit card authorization charge and the money has actually not been debited, but put on hold and will be reimbursed back. But the amount still shows as deducted from my card balance even after 3 days.

My card is a mastercard credit card from Axis bank. Called up their CC, but they have no idea about it, and sent me a cc dispute form to fill after 15days if the charge is not reversed.

This is common. If they had deducted authentication money it will be refunded in about a fortnight. When I used my CC with Google play I was charged 50rs twice and later on i was refunded in about 12 days if I remember correctly.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=5526]mukherjee[/MENTION]
You should contact their CC.
This is common. If they had deducted authentication money it will be refunded in about a fortnight. When I used my CC with Google play I was charged 50rs twice and later on i was refunded in about 12 days if I remember correctly.

I don't think no online retailer ever charges $27.65 as authentication money.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Will get reversed. Don't worry.

Most websites usually do a $1 test transaction for a new Credit Card. Dunno why Amazon thought it's good doing a $27 transaction even for testing.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ In my case, Amazon EU deducted the whole 55 Euros, but it has been reversed since then.

Top Bottom