[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Yup , have a job. Can I get SBI CC, if any?

As a banker i would suggest to go n ask to the bank where u r getting your salary, coz im my opinion all CC should work for international txns, n for ur bank u are old customer n might have some repo too.:)

Piyush

Lanaya
As a banker i would suggest to go n ask to the bank where u r getting your salary, coz im my opinion all CC should work for international txns, n for ur bank u are old customer n might have some repo too.:)
I created account with SBi when I passes my 12th class. But got my debit card recently. So, I think I'll go ask them regarding this. Thanks for the help :)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
do you have a job?if yes then you can avail a CC @ less,otherwise you need to put around 20k INR as FD.

+1
Credit Card against FD is the most hassle free way to get a CC. SBI might have this option also.

The Cards are issued instantly, and will be activated in 2-3 business days. No documents/no verification required.

But when I applied for normal HDFC Credit Card, lot of documentation, verification calls, after that first one got rejected, even though I have a job.

nix253

Right off the assembly line
I can confirm that ING vysya MASTERCARD debit cards work at steam. i have an orange savings account in the bank.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I'm extremely oblivious to banking. I want to open a new bank account. Here are my requirements and some questions I'd like to seek answers for.
Any constructive help is greatly appreciated.

1. I mainly want to use this account for receiving funds from PayPal / Elance.com
  2. I would also use this account to put my small earnings ( less than 10k per month ) into.
  3. I would make online purchases from desi e-commerce sites like Flipkart, myntra, inkfruit etc.
  4. I might make online purchases from international sites like steam, gplay etc.
  5. I require a bank account that has no minimum balance requirement or a requirement with a less amount (less than 5k).
  6. The debit card and / or credit card should enable or allow me to make the above listed transactions.
  7. A decent customer service

Here are the pointers & questions that I'd be glad if I got concise answers to.

1. What type of account should I open?
  2. Also, what type of debit and / or credit card should I be getting to be able to make the above listed transactions.
  3. Your final suggestion in one word or a few for the Bank I should opt for opening an account that respects all or most of the above-mentioned requirements.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
except 4 you can get all the rest from any public/nationalized bank savings account(like sbi,pnb etc) so choose depending on the condition of the local branch(which bank's branch is least crowded in your area).for pt.4 your only option is ICICI zero balance savings account:
Zero Balance Saving Account | Zero Balance Account - ICICI Bank Basic Savings Account India

nix253

Right off the assembly line
@ prehistoric gamer

AQB (Average Quarterly Balance) depends on the area where you reside. These days most private banks will ask you to maintain 10,000 rs. Only in rural areas are they providing 5000 AQB. you can try ING vysya though. In my city udaipur they are still letting customers maintain a 5k AQB.

As for international transactions and purchasing, get entropay. Its a virtual credit card service. They will provide you with a prepaid virtual credit card to use exusively for online shopping at international merchants and sites. You can load funds on it using your (any banks) debit card with mastercard or visa logo. Initially when you'll start you'll have to load minimum 20$ or a ove to use it. But if you like it and you'll if you want to shop online more than an average customer would, you can simply upgrade the account to basic by confirming your email address. After that your minimum funding will come down to 5$.

One more thing to remember is that entropay after awhile will ask you to either validate or verify that you are the proper owner of the debit card you are using to fund your card. You can do this either by validating through their jumio service which requires you to put your card in front of a webcam (only front side having the card number). Or you can verify via their paypal like verification system wherein they send a unique 4-digit code via a transaction on your debit card in which your debit card is charged 1$.

I had a lot of trouble getting my axis bank debit card VERIFIED in their process because somehow the 4-digit code wasn't coming in the transaction details. After a lot of hassle with both my branch and Entropay support was i able to get my card verified. I chose to VALIDATE my card too but due to my card being an "image card" i wasn't able to. The image was hiding the card numbers because of which their webcam service couldn't capture it. Note to self- don't get an image debit card unless you're a compulsive show-off.

I was easily able to get my ING card validated because the numbers were clearly visible.

P.S.- if you plan to do much online shopping get a separate account for that other than your main savings account. Use that account and its debit card for as much national/international payments and transactions you need. Because especially in case of entropay, if you check on internet, people have complained they would sometimes freeze the funding source of your entropay account i.e. the debit card or the bank account you'd use to fund your EP card. Although more often than not there has been something fishy about the situation of people having this issue. It is as entropay has put it their way of ensuring their top of the class security system. Not to say it is bound to happen to everyone, still always take some facility like entropay with a grain of salt. Using a different bank account for such things with AQB + only enough balance that you need for online purchasing/payment, always ensures that you don't loose control over your main savings account if something goes wrong with the other account. Disputing such situations take their own good amount of time but you'll atleast have access to your main savings you could need at any moment. Besides, you can always transfer funds between these two accounts at your convenience as and when you need.

debarshi

Otaku
I have an ICICI credit card, linked with my savings bank account. So if I change the mobile number linked with the CC, will the savings bank mobile number also be changed? Or are these two different departments with no link to each other.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have SBI's maestro debit card and it didn't worked on humble bundle :(

Should I get a new visa card from SBI and disable the old maestro card? Does SBI's visa card works in humble bundle, google play and steam?

funskar

Padawan
I have SBI's maestro debit card and it didn't worked on humble bundle :(

Should I get a new visa card from SBI and disable the old maestro card? Does SBI's visa card works in humble bundle, google play and steam?

Not at owl:evil:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Revolution,SBI VCC is useless since it works only inside india & with indian rupees or in other words it works in only those places where any debit card works.it is just a marketing gimmick nothing like working of a actual VCC(like those from HDFC).

abhisheak

Broken In
I have just tried using entropay VCC with origin,but i am unable to buy the games, I am getting this error
Any help is much regarded

Attachments

• screenshot_279.jpg
    screenshot_279.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 77
  • screenshot_279.jpg
    screenshot_279.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

abhisheak

Broken In
Fifa 14

origin must have charged some preliminary amount to entropay as my account balance is deducted by $0.82.

Guys who are able to make entropay work with origin, can you discuss what you entered in address and other details in origin?

Edit: Actually sale is going to end soon,so please anyone can reply soon?

Last edited:
Top Bottom