[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

gaara8013

Right off the assembly line
Please tell me whether axis bank e-wallet card works on international websites like origin , steam , amazon etc.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Please tell me whether axis bank e-wallet card works on international websites like origin , steam , amazon etc.

doesn't work on origin. never tried on the other two. but i am more or less sure it doesn't work on intl sites. check urself and tell us.

gaara8013

E-wallet card failed on Steam the last time I tried.

The normail debit card works. :)

Which one works on amazon.com axis bank visa debit card or hdfc netsafe card or anything else ?

On which international websites do hdfc netsafe card works?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I have no clue about using cards(debit or credit). Ico's post helped a lot though.
I really need to get a card which I can use in steam.
SBI's debit card doesn't work in steam I guess, will a credit card from SBI work in steam?
And I'm 22,so I should be eligible for a credit card right?

akashash5

Hello I'm going to be opening a new bank account soon. Please tell me if ICICI debit card works in paypal. Also exactly which debit card(name).

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I have no clue about using cards(debit or credit). Ico's post helped a lot though.
I really need to get a card which I can use in steam.
SBI's debit card doesn't work in steam I guess, will a credit card from SBI work in steam?
And I'm 22,so I should be eligible for a credit card right?

yes all credit cards will work.You are eligible for Sbi credit card if:
1)you have a job,then you can start with zero balance
2)if you are jobless then 20k INR for starting acc.
3)You should be residing in the town area or you should give town address.
4)Take the card in your dad's name if you dont want to shell out 20k.
(you should ofcourse check with your branch for detailed info,i got this info when i went to take a CC at tvm branch kerala)

arko1983

In the zone
after reading the thread it seems bank of baroda(visa platinum debit card) is the cheapest way to buy games from steam.
i dont want to take a cc for only buying games.
i have sbi maestro and visa debit card which doesnt work in steam or the humble bundle site.

i am currently using my sis debit card (us card) to buy most of the games.the next best alternative is the electron stuff though it will charge some money but atleast i dont have to maintain a 10 k axis account.

I am planning to buy a 47-55 inch 3d led tv so 10k in the bank may be tough.

makwanamilan96

Broken In
This Is very nice thread post thanks to ico and other users for creating such wonderful conversation .

after reading this post i came to know that SBI debit card (debit cum ATM) not work with paypal

Now i have one question regarding this.
I have paypal account.
But it requires verification when i tried my debit card it failed.

ok so now what to do to verify my paypal account.
when paypal asks to account verification it says enter Debitcard/credit card no
see this Untitled.jpg

One more thing can i use VCC to verify paypal account ??
issue a Credit card to verify paypal seems crazy. i have no use of credit card.

makwanamilan96

Broken In
you can verify paypal with debit card though it can be used only to 'receive funds'.you also need to have PAN card and name in the PAN card must be the same as in the debit card/bank acc.

I only want to receive funds in my paypal.
But paypal is not accepting the debit card which i have provided to them
You can watch it here..
Untitled.jpg
why that happens

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^to verify indian paypal account an indian bank account & pan card both under same name are needed.also indian paypal account can not hold funds & any received funds will be automatically transferred to the linked bank account.

makwanamilan96

Broken In
^^to verify indian paypal account an indian bank account & pan card both under same name are needed.also indian paypal account can not hold funds & any received funds will be automatically transferred to the linked bank account.

I am Done With this Process .
Now i am facing problem to ADD Debit/Credit card

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you only want to receive funds then you don't have to do anything else.adding debit/credit card is needed only for sending funds.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I am Done With this Process .
Now i am facing problem to ADD Debit/Credit card
I agree with whitestar_999. You don't have to do anything to receive funds to your linked account. The fact that you have got your Bank Account verified and submitted your PAN number, the funds that come into your paypal account will be automatically transferred (because of an RBI policy), the very next day (working day) from your paypal account to your linked bank account. And after that, your bank may take around a week to credit the amount to reflect in your bank statement. I'm saying this because I've experienced this. And you can't add a debit card. It accepts only credit cards. You need the card to make online payments for your purchases or transferring funds to others. So, take that unless you add a credit card to your paypal account, you won't be able to make an online purchase using paypal. (You can't store any amount in your paypal account, even if you're receiving it)

Piyush

Lanaya
Can i be issued a CC from SBI ? Since debit card is ueless for me now as I cant do transactions via overseas stores

Top Bottom