[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
How dollar to rupee calculated when purchasing using Indian Debit Card on stores which have currencies in dollars?

Today I bought Hitman-Abs from Amazon at $4.99, taking today's dollar rate(54.53 Rs.) , the price in Rupee comes to 272.67 Rs. But from my account 281 Rs. is deducted. Why is this so? And it is not any service charge/tax. Amazon deduct service charges later.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
How dollar to rupee calculated when purchasing using Indian Debit Card on stores which have currencies in dollars?

Today I bought Hitman-Abs from Amazon at $4.99, taking today's dollar rate(54.53 Rs.) , the price in Rupee comes to 272.67 Rs. But from my account 281 Rs. is deducted. Why is this so? And it is not any service charge/tax. Amazon deduct service charges later.

That is because of the conversion rate that is charged per dollar. That is approximately Rs 2 per dollar.

nikhil1603

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,
I have an Axis Bank Master debit Card. I tried to purchase some app from Apple App Store but it said payment mode declined. After a few searches i found that only credit cars work for Apple store. Now i created an ewallet card i.e axis bank virtual card but then also it is giving the same message that payment mode declined. After a few more searches I concluded that VCC does not work since App Store converted from dollars to rupees..If there is any other way plz help me out so i can purchase from App store without credit card.. btw excellent thread..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Even I'm not able to add Axis Bank cards on my Google Wallet anymore.
I guess the bank has blocked it and anyone who has added card previously can only use it.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
The best option for guys needing a credit card- open a fixed deposit. It is very easy. You can then get a credit card with limit of 80 or 90% of that FD.

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Now I need a good debit card , my sbi maestro debit card like everyone else's is a useless in may cases. I need a card for international purchases like amazon, steam ,and few Indian websites including flipkart, ebay (although my sbi netbanking works fine). So i ended up surfing ICICI and AXIS bank websites. And this feels just like choosing a linux distro again...so many options.

Which one would be better ? any other suggestion ?

ICICI regular saving account (comes with Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card with exciting offers & Visa Platinum Privileges)
Apply for Savings Account | Apply Online for Savings Accounts | Apply for Savings Bank Accounts | ICICI Bank
or
Axis YOUth account (customizable card and some pretty cool ways of transactions and I do qualify for the age limit :D)
Axis Bank

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
That's a good suggestion. Can you please tell which banks allow this?

I am sure about SBI. Never enquired from other banks but there is no reason they would refuse if you put some money from your Saving account to a fixed deposit account and then use the FD as a security to get a Credit card.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Tried my pnb debit card and steam refused it... :-(
Any other way to purchase? Don't have any other card and I do wanna purchase Alan wake now...

Ok purchase done, friend card, corporation bank master card debit card works on steam...

icebags

Technomancer
anyone tried axisbank eShop card (virtual credit card) on steam/origin/intl shops ? seems it needs a credit card to make one.

Top Bottom