[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I just bought Camera Zoom Fx in discount..... The transaction went smoothly

But yes you're right......... My last transaction on 22nd October was in $, but yesterday, both of Camera Zoom FX and PowerAmp was billed in INR..........

Mention card issuer and type.

benujacob

Right off the assembly line
My card is not working for buying domains from godaddy :( (Axis Bank Master Card)

I tried creating a ewallet card and it also not working :-(

any way around!!!

PS : Card working fine now.. ewallet still have problem.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Did you try using it online? did it work?

It is bound to work as long as the merchant implements 3DSC or the charge is not in INR. If it's in INR and merchant is like play store etc, forget it.
The customer care is still resolving the issue for me.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Having lot of trouble using debit cards online, in-fact they are not working for any international gateways. cant directly topup my EntroPay card either from any of my Debit Cards :( .. have to create a VCC from my bank and then use it to top up EntroPay card.

alekhkhanna

Did you choose your country when it's was asked first time when you turned on the phone (or flashed the ROM)?

It shows me prices in INR.

I guess that can be done from Google A/c too.
I chose UK IIRC. Still all the price I see are in INR.

Which one? Visa or Mastercard?
Visa. 2 cards (Axis). Both failed. They're working fine on Steam and Amazon.

Just now tried to buy a discounted app (from French Android Bundle). Still getting payment declined. :(

benujacob

Did you try using it online? did it work?

yea.it working today.. Last night i had a problem.. now everything works fine.. (both at international payment gateway and also indian)

the only problem i have at the moment is ewallet card.. i have to mention a vbv password which makes ewallet card unusable at international payment gateway

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Having lot of trouble using debit cards online, in-fact they are not working for any international gateways. cant directly topup my EntroPay card either from any of my Debit Cards :( .. have to create a VCC from my bank and then use it to top up EntroPay card.

Wait. VCC works for Entro pay?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Wow! Thanks for this , I was actually trying to purchase something from Amazon since the last few days using my SBI Gold Intl Debit Card and it kept declining the transaction. Amazon Customer support and SBI Helpline care both were clueless as to why it was being rejected.

alekhkhanna

Finally tried Entropay. Works for me, but I don't fancy loading another card and paying 5-6% extra just for Google Play store. This is a mess now. :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Wait. VCC works for Entro pay?
yes.. AFAIK VCC will work anywhere.. but the max limit would be the amount you had used to create the VCC. I created a 3K VCC and then used it in EntroPay to topup $20. later when I tried to use the VCC again in some other site it failed.. cause VCC can only be used once. remaining balance goes back to your account.

funny thing.. I was trying to use my Debit Card to purchase Win 8 two days back, it was 5 AM, the transaction got declined as usual. within 10 minutes I got a call.. it was from my bank asking if I was using my card so early in the morning :lol: .. When I saw the call I thought Microsoft was trying to contact me for the failed payment :lol:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Bank Guys called me. Credit Card/Debit Card have 24/7 customer care for reporting theft etc. similar thing happened to my brother also . he went on a shopping streak using his unused card .. the card got flagged and they called back to check if he was indeed the person using it.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
yes.. AFAIK VCC will work anywhere.. but the max limit would be the amount you had used to create the VCC. I created a 3K VCC and then used it in EntroPay to topup $20. later when I tried to use the VCC again in some other site it failed.. cause VCC can only be used once. remaining balance goes back to your account.

funny thing.. I was trying to use my Debit Card to purchase Win 8 two days back, it was 5 AM, the transaction got declined as usual. within 10 minutes I got a call.. it was from my bank asking if I was using my card so early in the morning :lol: .. When I saw the call I thought Microsoft was trying to contact me for the failed payment :lol:

Unfortunately, VCC does not work on Google Play etc. Reason is already written in earlier replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to try. Union Bank CC has suddenly stopped working at a lots of sites (apparently those which don't support VbV) including Google Checkout, Amazon Payments and Paypal, Doubt whether Steam will accept it.

And in case of debit card it is even more doubtful. :(

Top Bottom