[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

themirror

Broken In
10000 is standard for any major pvt bank.i doubt axis bank will have a much lower requirement.why not go for icici zero balance savings account(don't go for pockets account)?
Zero Balance Saving Account | Zero Balance Account - ICICI Bank Basic Savings Account India

Whats wrong with pockets account? I just applied for one but still didn't get the card.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i read on a popular blog for such discussions that pockets account interferes with working of the usual debit card resulting in failures when trying to do some international transactions.

themirror

Broken In
i read on a popular blog for such discussions that pockets account interferes with working of the usual debit card resulting in failures when trying to do some international transactions.

Can you give me the link?
When I contacted the staff, they told me that the upgraded card works fine on international PGs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like pockets account card just started working on paypal/international PGs now.
*www.isaumya.com/paypal-google-wallet-indian-debit-card-support/comment-page-68/#comment-8970

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which ones?see the link i posted earlier,you won't get more comprehensive list of working indian debit cards with international PGs.

bala_cpu

Broken In
Sign this petition to change the RBI rule.

Petition · Remove 2 Factor Authentication for Indian Credit/Debit Cards for All Transactions in India · Change.org
Considering the amount of fraud transactions happening online (especially in mobile platform) I don't think removing 2 factor authentication is much of a good idea, unless there is a mechanism to reverse the txn if it's found fraudulent. People who want to use their cards on play store / app store won't even come around 5 percent of overall online transaction I believe.

$hadow

Geek in making
which ones?see the link i posted earlier,you won't get more comprehensive list of working indian debit cards with international PGs.

If it is working for me I won't say that the don't work. I have used PNB CC, SBI international DC both powered by VISA and both works flawlessly with Gplay and paypal.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CC is different but SBI international visa DB working on paypal is news to me.if possible you can post the screenshot as proof on that blog to help others also try.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
If it is working for me I won't say that the don't work. I have used PNB CC, SBI international DC both powered by VISA and both works flawlessly with Gplay and paypal.

Really it's not working for me I've SBI Gold International DC. How do you get this thing working please share

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok little bit offtopic but related to debit card. few of my colleagues had their debit card details stolen (Bangalore) and amount withdrawn from a Mumbai ATM. one of my colleagues just mentioned me that his account was drained of his whole salary of 97K, only left about Rs. 700 balance, there were no SMS Alerts either which is strange as we always get SMS alert. this is the 4th or 5th instance that has happened within our office. Debit card is Yes Bank, but other bank cards have also fallen to this. we are not sure how or where data theft occurred, but I believe its near our office. Other than that, it could be a Rigged ATM.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
avoid swapping debit card linked with your salary account anywhere as unlike CC deduction is immediate.open another account with small balance & use that account's debit card for swapping,online shopping etc.if some big purchase is needed then transfer amount from larger balance account to smaller one.if someone didn't get money withdrawal sms immediately contact bank as well as mobile service provider to confirm if there is some duplicate sim/mobile no. change request in your name.i am surprised that even after multiple incidents your colleagues/their banks are doing nothing.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Card is cloned by the cyber thieves either from ATM or some cheap restaurant or petrol pumps via skimming machine.

1.Always Swipe the card in your presence at merchant locations.

but how do they stole the Debit PIN ?

btw 97K salary....gr8 :mrgreen:

bala_cpu

Broken In
Card is cloned by the cyber thieves either from ATM or some cheap restaurant or petrol pumps via skimming machine.

1.Always Swipe the card in your presence at merchant locations.

but how do they stole the Debit PIN ?

btw 97K salary....gr8 :mrgreen:
This is how the scam happens, they call you in the name of bank authority and ask you to disclose card details for maintenance, they also say you will receive otp to complete the maintenance else your card will be deactivated, once customers reveals otp, that's it

themirror

Broken In
I have also seen calls claiming to be calling from "Visa", and asking to reveal details.

I got a call that an illegal transaction has been made on my cc and if I don't provide details, card will be blocked and penalty will be levied.
What's so wierd is that I don't have a CC!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This is how the scam happens, they call you in the name of bank authority and ask you to disclose card details for maintenance, they also say you will receive otp to complete the maintenance else your card will be deactivated, once customers reveals otp, that's it

We all get SMS & Emails from Banks 1000times that "Bank will never ask you about your CVV,PIN & OTP details..."
but still people forget all about this caution.

Top Bottom