[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks, now I understand why Visa / Master Card Debit Cards doesn't work on Steam, Paypal and all. (Except Axis)

But why do CC's work? What I want to ask is, the way Debit Cards requests VbV/3DSC, CC's request that too for Indian merchant. So how does they work if the implementation is wrong?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But why do CC's work? What I want to ask is, the way Debit Cards requests VbV/3DSC, CC's request that too for Indian merchant. So how does they work if the implementation is wrong?
Banks don't force the request of VbV/SDSC on International merchants when using Credit Card.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My Bank Of Baroda Visa Electron debit card works on Steam, but not on Google Play. Anyway, my credit card is on the way.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like I will be getting an account from citibank at my new employer.

I will be in a position to do some tests from Citibank card to add to the repository of results in 2nd post.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like I will be getting an account from citibank at my new employer.

I will be in a position to do some tests from Citibank card to add to the repository of results in 2nd post.

Citibank will give a choice between Mastercard and Maestro. After reading the OP, you should know what you should take. I was not so well informed when I got my Maestro.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am using BoB Debit Card, and want to purchase Asphalt 7 fro 14 Rs (special offer from Google Play). But transaction was not approved.

Then i came across this post to know about Indian Debit Cards. It sucks. I don't have a CC. So, i guess my purchase will not happen. :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Use EntroPay to create a Virtual Credit Card(VCC). and then add some funds to it and then use it in Google Wallet. also check if BoB provides VCC.

dexbg

Journeyman
HDFC credit card on MasterCard network has been working for Google Wallet an all services which use it for payment like Play store n Drive.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^ Use EntroPay to create a Virtual Credit Card(VCC). and then add some funds to it and then use it in Google Wallet. also check if BoB provides VCC.

BoB does not provide VCC AFAIK. But I think we should be able to transfer funds using the VISA network.

Edit : It says on wikipedia that Entropay does not provide address verification, so sites that rely on such transactions will fail. And, Google Wallet requires address verification AFAIK.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
BoB does not provide VCC AFAIK. But I think we should be able to transfer funds using the VISA network.

Edit : It says on wikipedia that Entropay does not provide address verification, so sites that rely on such transactions will fail. And, Google Wallet requires address verification AFAIK.

You are right. BoB doesn't support VCC. Even Kotak Mahindra Bank has that.

debarshi

Otaku
I am able to use my ICICI visa card in both steam and Google Play. So please add it to the list. I am finally able to buy the apps, that too when some of them are Rs 13 a piece. :D

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyz .. just need to clarify one doubt ..
I'm of 14 years.. and Want to have my own bank Account just for online Purchases .. Which is best one of all?
And am I eligible to have an account ? O_O ?

Top Bottom