Must Have Softwares on your USB Flash Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
What softwares you carry on your pen drive?
lets post all we know of...

Shouldn't there be a sticky thread like this??

The best one i can find is "portableapps suite" which is availaible in 3 packs starting as low as 1 mb. The best part is it is completely free and regularly gets updated.
If you don't have the new U3 platform based USB flash drives, then you don't need to have the inferiority complex.

Last edited:

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
Well..There is Lupo Pensuite:*www.lupopensuite.com/

or u can use winPenpack:*www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Applications-suites/Windows-Portable-Applications-winPenPack-Flash-1Gb.shtml:p:p

i Use The former One.....Its more stable and effective....:D:D

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Antivirus solution-
avira free edition.
(instal directly to pen drive)

Spyware soln-
adware se personal
(copy the program files folder)

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
These won't work on another PC because the registry keys need to be added as well.

k i will try to verify that issue.
Meantime, this one is a hot tip.
If u want security on ur pen drive, try folder lock. I use version 5.9.0. Works both with vista and xp. Can lock files in the pen drive only after exporting the prog. To the drive through an option in interface. However, it is not a freeware.

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
@beta testing
The antivirus nd spyware i posted above are working dude
they wont be integrated to the shell on the other pc but u can start the program, scan pc or pen drive nd update them. i.e. They serve the purpose of portability

afonofa

Journeyman
I'd like to add HiJackThis to this list.

@beta testing
The antivirus nd spyware i posted above are working dude
they wont be integrated to the shell on the other pc but u can start the program, scan pc or pen drive nd update them. i.e. They serve the purpose of portability
Thanks. Avira free is probably better than Avast. But will the antivirus have realtime scanning of the pen drive? If a virus tries to copy itself to the pen drive will Avira protect against that(assuming its definitions are updated) or is it useful only for on-demand scans of an infected comp/pen drive?

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Here are another 24 great portable softwares for ur pen drive...
*www.downloadsquad.com/2008/09/02/24-killer-portable-apps-for-your-usb-flash-drive
Some might get repeated... but some are really worth a try.... !!

Does spybot S&D comes in portable version mates???

Last edited:

mad_max

Journeyman
Folder lock and security c'mon man:) if its security you're after use true crypt;) and since i still use cafes i have kremlin secure recycle bin,err its not portable so ask someone who has thinapp to make it portable for you lol

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
@mad_max
surely u must be joking else u have never used folder lock then. It is "The Best" but of course it is a commercial programme.

mad_max

Journeyman
Its the best known with not so best known security issues.And i specifically said when it comes to security;) and just because something isn't free doesn't mean its good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom